AVP, Investor Relations
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 3020
Position Title: AVP, Investor Relations
Alignment Healthcare is a consumer-centric platform delivering customized health care in the United States to seniors and those who need it most, the chronically ill and frail, through its Medicare Advantage plans. Alignment Healthcare provides partners and patients with customized care and service where they need it and when they need it, including clinical coordination, risk management and technology facilitation. Alignment Healthcare offers health plan options through Alignment Health Plan, and also partners with select health plans to help deliver better benefits at lower costs.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide Medicare enrolled consumers the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
The AVP, Investor Relations, will work closely with the CFO, CEO, and other key members of the executive team to build a best-in-class investor relations program. This role will have overall responsibility for the strategic planning and ongoing development of all investor relations activities with the aim of increasing shareholder value and enhancing AHC’s image and reputation within the investment community. This individual will play a critical role in the company’s financial communications strategy, ensuring consistency of the company’s message along with developing and maintaining close relationships with analysts and investors. In addition to managing these efforts with the external community, this individual will provide insight, feedback, and coaching to the leadership team with regards to investor perceptions and expectations.
General Duties/Responsibilities (May include but are not limited to):
· Overseeing the development and execution of strategic best-in-class investor relations on the platform, in coordination with the CFO and leadership team.
· Oversight of day-to-day investor relations functions including historic and forward-looking financial models, consensus management, and shareholder register analysis in conjunction with establishing an optimum type and blend of shareholders.
· Responsible for creating a mix through a variety of targeting initiatives along with providing information about the Company’s shareholders, changes in share ownership, and will work to expand the Company’s base of shareholders in a manner consistent with its direction and strategy.
· Reporting duties which may include recording and summarizing all investor and analyst contact; tracking monthly turnover in shareholder base to identify and evaluate changes in the holder mix based on investment style, holding periods, and geographic concentrations; monitoring analyst reports and summaries for senior management.
· Develop investor presentations and marketing materials for quarterly earnings calls, institutional investor conferences, annual reports, annual meetings, and the IR website; prepare press releases and assist with the production of SEC filings (Qs, Ks, annual reports, proxy); report feedback to leadership regarding the investment community’s perception of how AHC is being managed and their view of its financial outcomes supported by materials for Board of Director Meetings.
· Analysis of internal and external forecasts, data, and assumptions to provide an aggregated view of expectations and implications for the stock price and investor and analysts perception; continuous analyzing of competitor/’peer group’ financial metric performance to create industry/peer trend reports; evaluate industry financial metric trends to assess company performance relative to macro-environment drivers.
· Proactively engage investors and sell-side analysts to articulate the strategy of and status of Alignment’s progress.
· Work productively and frequently with the Senior Leadership Team to understand the timing and impact of business events.
· Coordinates closely with legal around annual shareholder meetings
This role has the potential to oversee assigned staff. Responsibilities include recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning workload, planning, monitoring, appraising job results, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Minimum Experience:
a. Minimum 10+ years of relevant work experience.
b. Public company investor relations experience preferred.
c. Demonstrated financial literacy, including knowledge of capital structure, accounting, profitability measures, operating metrics, and an expert with valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts.
d. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
e. Exceptional attention to detail.
f. Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure and bring exceptional intellectual insight.
a. Bachelor’s degree required.
b. MBA or CFA preferred.
a. A proven track record of leading a best-in-class investor relations program, building a strong investor relations strategy with agile resources.
b. Thoroughly familiar with all aspects of public company reporting (annual, quarterly, registration, etc.).
c. Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to be a thought partner to the CEO and CFO and continuously strive to improve the investor story.
· Work Environment:
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: AVP, Investor Relations
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.