Broker Account Manager
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 3019
Position Title: Broker Account Manager
Broker Account Manager:
The Broker Account Manager is responsible for the sales and growth of the broker channel and reports to the Director of Sales. The Broker Account Manager oversees all channel activity including sales production, retention, servicing and training to grow the channel while maintaining a favorable acquisition cost for the company.
General Duties/Responsibilities: (May include but are not limited to)
In overseeing the broker channel, the Broker Account Manager will:
• Increase sales and meet or exceed sales expectations through existing active relationships.
• Build new selling relationships in existing markets and expansion markets to grow the broker sales channel.
• Manage provider relationships and assign agents to partner with Medical Groups/IPA’s for growth.
• Oversee agent sales and product training including webinars for new agents, lock-in refresher trainings, and Open Enrollment recertification training.
• Assist with broker support channels including customer service calls and email inquiries.
• Monthly and ad hoc communications with external agents and agencies.
• Oversee interactions with external agents including commissions, discrepancies, enrollment kit fulfillment, certification and contracting/appointment requirements.
• Monitor quarterly agent and agency production requirements.
• Ensure CMS compliance with all sales, enrollment processes and events.
• Individual production of sales may be optional.
• Other general duties may be assigned.
Oversee assigned field sales agents. Responsibilities include recruiting, training, monitoring workload and appraising job results of employees.
- Training new team members on job description and duties.
- Ongoing: lead, motivate, coach and manage direct agents to ensure that performance goals are met and exceeded.
- Manager must be willing to commit to personal growth and be open to constructive feedback from direct reports and/or management.
- Must have proven ability to promote effective time management with self and direct team.
- Oversees compliance at all times to include secret shopping and ride-alongs
- Provides objective documentation on corrective action plans and/or performance appraisals as directed by company policies and procedures.
- Provide effective and objective communication to keep team apprised of any updates and/or changes within department, CMS guidelines, company policies and procedures while keeping strong morale and intact with team.
- Responds in an integral and timely manner with management and staff members in other departments to promote teamwork.
- Attends all mandatory management administrative, educational and/or training courses.
- Other supervisory responsibilities may be assigned
- Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of three years of general sales leadership experience.
- Minimum of 1-year general sales experience or community outreach experience.
- Strong knowledge of Medicare and/or health insurance background.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the CMS Marketing Guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have current life & health insurance license within respective selling state.
- Must have current driver’s license and/or reliable means of transportation to get to all sales activities and appointments.
- Extremely organized, detail driven and a self-starter.
- An innovative and effective leader with the ability to motivate direct team, community affiliates and provider relationships.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exceptional computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Broker Account Manager
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.