Care Coordinator (Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese Preferred)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2968
Position Title: Care Coordinator, CAW
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
The Clinical Coordinator manages a case load of field-based and clinic providers and extenders to ensure high quality services and care coordination activities are delivered to high risk members.
The Care Coordinator is responsible for UM/CM Coordinator functions as defined below:
(May include but are not limited to)
- Review Daily Census for new Admissions
- Obtain medical records from Provider offices, hospitals and SNF’s
- Attach medical records to authorizations
- Enter referral requests/authorizations in system
- Monitor Fax Folders
- Monitor task lists in EHR
- Post discharge scheduling of appointments
- Follow up scheduling and re-scheduling of no-show appointments
- Assist NP team with visit preparation needs
- Appointment reminders to members
- Assign members to NP in EHR
- Provide needed documentation to NP for visits each day
- Direct inbound calls from members/family related to medication refills
- Assist in Hospice Enrollments
- Complies with tasks assigned by nurse and, as appropriate, documents accordingly.
- Maintains documentation on members contacted.
- Assists with COC’s
- Notifies NP/nurse If members appear to be non-compliant or there appears to be a change in condition
- Assists with outreach activities to members in all levels of Case Management Programs.
- Assists with maintaining and updating member’s records
- Assists with mailing or faxing correspondence to PCP’s, Specialists, related to, as needed.
- Recognizes work-related problems and contributes to solutions.
- Meets specific deadlines (responds to various workloads by assigning task priorities according to department policies, standards and needs).
- Works with outside vendors to provide appropriate care needs for members
- Maintains confidentiality of information between and among health care professionals.
- Other duties as assigned by CM Manager or Director of Case Management.
- Communication with multidisciplinary teams
- Covering for other team members when needed, ie PTO, sick time
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; with one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. No licensure required.
- Knowledge of ICD9 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of Managed Care Plans
- Experience entering referrals and prior authorizations
- Basic Computer Skills, 25 WPM (Microsoft Outlook, excel, word)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Medical Terminology Certificate preferred
- Knowledge working in Access Express/Portal, epic, essette (not mandatory)
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents and follow up on orders from NP’s/MD’s. Ability to read and follow instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Communicates effectively using good customer relations skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to reason and carry out instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- File systematically.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Care Coordinator (Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese Preferred)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.