Director, Direct Contracting Entities
Location: Remote-North Carolina, North Carolina US
Job Number: 2867
Position Title: Director, Direct Contracting Entity
The Director of Direct Contracting Entity will be responsible for overseeing and directing all population health functions for Direct Contract Entities, in support of organization’s strategic plan. Direct Contracting is a financial risk-sharing arrangement with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to reduce Medicare expenditures while preserving or enhancing the quality of care furnished for traditional Medicare beneficiaries.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Serving as a member of the operations leadership team, collaborating with DC Participating Providers and Preferred Providers, executive leadership, and teams across the business to drive progress towards operational goals and overall DCE key metrics.
- Drive accountability amongst team and across provider network to meet key outcomes for cost and quality.
- Maintain a critical role in performance management by guiding actionable initiatives from data; measuring progress and outcomes and helping implement interventions where applicable.
- Ensure integration of care management, utilization management, risk adjustment, annual wellness visit and quality initiatives into practices and achieving goals.
- Collaborating with data analytics team to ensure alignment across business, operational requests, and practice needs.
- Continuously drive improvements to performance management for efficiencies and outcomes
- Develop strategy to build, grow, and sustain relationships with physician leaders and leveraging practice relationships to engage, implement, and sustain DCE priorities
- Develop practice manager and care management liaison relationship strategy
- Develop agendas/contents for joint operating meetings (JOC) with DC Participating Providers
- Ensure consistent implementation of high quality internal and external reporting and utilization of engagement tools
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally with internal departments
Currently, no direct reports
- Minimum Experience: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business or healthcare preferred. 5+ years of leadership experience in ACO Management, value-based care organization, IPA or medical group management, performance improvement and leadership with people management experience.
- IPA and/or ACO experience with a provider perspective and strong orientation to value-based care principles, health policy landscape, CMS compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of clinical quality metrics such as RAF, HEDIS, CAHPS
- Analytic skills and hypothesis driven to identify trends, predict issues, highlight critical areas, and develop corrective action plans.
- Ability or willingness to travel (post Covid 19).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility and trust.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual with the ability to adapt to various workspaces and work autonomously.
- Collaborative working style with the ability to work across different teams, areas of expertise, and adapt to ambiguous environments and clientele.
- Currently, position is work remotely and may progress to office location in future. Required to have following technical capability at their home: High Speed Internet
- Must be located in North Carolina
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust
FLSA Status: Exempt
City: Remote-North Carolina
State: North Carolina
Location City: Remote-North Carolina
Location State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Direct Contracting Entities
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.