Part-Time Nurse Health Specialist, Virtual Care Center
Location: Remote - CA, California US
Job Number: 2844
Position Title: Nurse Health Specialist PartTime-VirtualCareCtr
RN Health Specialist, VCC
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
Provides triaging service for patients who call into the virtual care center. Expected to escalate patient calls to APC when appropriate. Responsible for managing patient care and treatment in collaboration with the Physician and Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Answering all in bound calls into the virtual care center
- Expected to use clinical judgement to address patient concerns
- Collaborates with primary care physician, Extensivist, and Nurse Practitioner/PA, and Case Manager to develop care plan for members. For non care anywhere patients
- Conduct outbound calls and virtual visits to complete patient follow up
- Daily review of vitals for patients enrolled in remote patient monitoring program
- Support disease management referrals
- Interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Educates members on topics such as disease process, end of life, medication, and compliance.
- Discusses case with physician/Nurse Practitioner/PA when appropriate.
- Use of Electronic Medical Records required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Minimum 1 year experience as an RN
- Requires successful completion of an accredited Nursing Program; BSN preferred, Registered Nurse preferred
- Current, unrestricted license in the state for which you are applying
- Must have CPR certification
- Experience in gerontology, adult care, preferred
- Experience in palliative/hospice and complex care management, preferred
- Experience in Home Health including wound care, preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare Managed Care Plans, preferred
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills with seniors
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- EMR experience is strongly preferred
- Bilingual skills valued (Spanish preferred)
- Must be flexible with schedule position is active 24 hours 7 days a week
- Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
City: Remote - CA
Location City: Remote - CA
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Part-Time Nurse Health Specialist, Virtual Care Center
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.