Medical Assistant Temp
Location: San Jose, California US
Job Number: 2805
Position Title: Medical Assistant
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
Position Summary: Medical Assistant is responsible for completing all of medical assistant duties with a high demonstrated competency in addition to managing patient flow on the floor. Additional duties such as special projects, reports, administrative or compliance tasks may be assigned as needed.
Medical Assistant Duties
- Complete all basic patient intake with demonstrated competency including but not limited to:
- Vitals (height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temps, etc)
- Vaccine Administration
- Medical History/medication collection including Jump Start Application and EMR
- Other machines / systems trained on by supervisor and within Medical Assistant Scope
- Complete all patient check in functions including eligibility verification, appointment scheduling, confirmation, arrival of member within the EMR system and checkout.
- Complete HEDIS and all other clinical alerts tasked to a medical assistant role per protocols including management of home monitoring systems if applicable
- Deliver on excellent customer service for every member including assisting with care coordination needs such referrals, enrollments in chronic disease management programs, etc.
- Facilitate member concerns, complaints or coordination needs regarding services at Alignment clinics, primary physician’s offices, any network provider or with health plan.
- Complete telephonic history and pre-visit planning as needed
- Complete patient drop in visits for those that are unable to contact or need equipment assistance in home for Alignment’s telehealth programs
- Facilitate referrals / authorizations for members between the member, Alignment, specialist and primary care provider if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferably in a physician office including working knowledge of managed care. Experience working with internal medicine offices highly preferred.
- Knowledge in Medicare and Medicaid benefits and resources preferred
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Medical Assistant Certification is preferred. LVN/LPN or other higher nursing certifications accepted as well.
- If MA Certificate not available, dependent on the state scope of practice regulations, minimum 3 years Medical Assistant experience demonstrating medical back office competencies.
- Current Driver’s License
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required.
- Other: Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be required to travel to other clinic locations away from his/her home location(s) and/or to patient homes
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.
City: San Jose
Location City: San Jose
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant Temp
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.