DTS Senior Service Delivery Manager
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2762
Position Title: Sr. Manager, Service Delivery
Alignment Healthcare is a senior-focused health services company, offering Medicare Advantage insurance plans in select markets. We are seeking a seasoned Sr. Manager, Service Delivery - to manage the performance of Level 1 services & support to clients (internal and external) and ensure that service levels are achieved. To ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring that staff are meeting and exceeding expectations regarding performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed, and protocol observed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements through an ITIL framework. Ensure incidents are logged accurately and timely and passed to second line support teams, manage ticket systems, and be responsible for customer communications for service alerts and maintenance.
- Day-to-Day management of front-line technical service desk
- Maintain ongoing communication of incident updates to customers provided by Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams.
- Manage Incident, Problem, Change and New Request tickets via FreshService and their corresponding SLAs.
- Create and Maintain Service Desk Policies and Procedures.
- Direct line management of up to 8 Service Desk staff.
- Oversee the incidents, problems, change and requests. Manage and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues become the incident manager in major incidents. Act as escalation point for all incidents and requests. Develop and mature phone & email ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs. Review survey feedback to improve services, tools, and support experience.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to Management and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly, and as needed. Will drive Ticket and develop strategies for improvement. Work to make Service Desk the single source of service delivery channel for the company. Monitor and manage phone & email queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
- Develops Service and Operational Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Develops an effective and workable ITIL framework for managing and improving customer support in the organization. Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Escalation may involve after hours support via phone or email.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Analysts and Technical Engineers including career development. Oversee staff activities. Builds/obtains (from other departments) training material for support staff. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support.
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Ensure that customers receive timely updates on incidents.
- Ensure that customer incidents that occur across AHC applications/systems or involve multiple 2nd line groups and 3rd Parties are coordinated so that the customer receives a consolidated response from Service Delivery.
- Maintain a calendar of maintenance requests/service outages on the network, data centers, exchanges and internal changes and ensure communication to customers with the appropriate information.
- Maintain the incident ticket database, ensuring incidents are set to the correct priority, state and are within SLA for response and resolution.
- Maintain ticket updates with accurate notes on status.
- Develop and implement automated workflows using modern Service Desk tools and concepts.
- Escalate to 2nd and 3rd line support teams, inform senior management teams of P1/P2 incidents
- Engage with third parties to provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for third party services.
- Document internal timelines for resolved incidents where an RCA is required.
- Maintain accurate contact databases and records.
- Attend and participate in daily Change Advisory Board meetings.
- Able to work both as part of a team or under own initiative.
- Able to take responsibility for own actions and performance.
- Proven track record as a Technical Service Desk Manager. Minimum 5-7 years of experience as a Service Desk Manager.
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in computing and or IT discipline.
- Experience of working in complex, high pressured environments within a 24-hour service structure. Healthcare environment a plus.
- Sox/ experience a plus.
- FreshService experience a plus or other ITSM Service Desk platform.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- The ability to multitask across multiple incidents.
- Understanding of SLAs and KPIs
- Ability to follow process and procedures accurately and without fail.
Essential Physical Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: DTS Senior Service Delivery Manager
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.