UI/UX Design Intern
Location: Remote - CA, California US
Job Number: 2759
Position Title: Intern-UI/UX Design
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth and we are looking for talented designers who are passionate about crafting products that customers love. The products and services that we develop will enable next generation care delivery models for seniors.
You should have an eye for clean and artful design, be able to gather and translate research findings and high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and love to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user experiences.
Problems you will work on every day will include:
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Develop design team assets such as style guide components
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design and data visualization experiences
- Work with product managers to learn needs and vision of key business leaders to understand their business problems and enable optimized user experience.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Excellent communication, analytical, and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Experience in designing usability studies
- Expertise in prototyping software such as InVision, Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, etc
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to balance experience-driven design with pragmatic product/engineering constraints and rapid iteration timelines
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related field
- Coding experience and experience developing html and CSS design components
- Demonstrated expertise executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering and leading user experience co-design sessions
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Healthcare domain and data visualization experience
- Orange, California
City: Remote - CA
Location City: Remote - CA
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: UI/UX Design Intern
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.