Telehealth Coordinator, Virtual Care Center
Location: Remote - CA, California US
Job Number: 2736
Position Title: Telehealth Coordinator, VCC
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
The Alignment Virtual Care Center is a collaborative approach to providing patients telehealth services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is intended to provide support for Alignment Healthcare patients by being available to address any concern at any time. This program provides patients with medical and social support through virtual visit when they need it, with the goal of preventing unnecessary hospitalizations, health complications, and unmanaged disease progression that can occur when timely clinical interventions are not provided or are not accessible. The virtual care center program is offered to eligible patients at no cost to them.
In this role, Telehealth Coordinator role is responsible for management of audio/video devices for clinical programs and supporting providers within VCC with day to day activities. The management of audio / video devices includes but is not limited to device maintenance, deployment, end user support, and managing asset inventory. Supporting APCs and RNs within the VCC will include scheduling appointments, contacting patients for follow up and appointment activities, and providing support to the clinical team as needed. The program coordinator position reports to the Telehealth Program Manager. The candidate is required to be motivated, independent, detail oriented, and extremely organized. The coordinator will be responsible for hardware deployment and recovery, assisting end users with device or software issues, and collaborates with a cross-functional team of clinical operations, outreach and I.T. helpdesk support to successfully manage the VCC. The program coordinator must be customer service oriented with focus on assisting Alignment staff and members with resolution of issues in a timely manner.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Deployment of new or reissued mobile hardware including iPhones and accessories. Process includes iOS updates, hardware preparation, tagging, documenting, shipping and scheduling.
- Recovery of mobile hardware and accessories of iPhones. Process to include backup, restore and testing of device for redistribution.
- Day to day hardware or software troubleshooting and resolution.
- Face to face or remote end user training for device and application use.
- Maintain inventory of hardware and accessories with asset tagging, user database, and ticketing.
- Documenting and ticketing details of requests, resolution, and escalated issues.
- Programming or activation of mobile features on demand.
- Collaborate with Operations and I.T. administration for purchasing, plan subscription, and cancellations or suspensions.
- Work with Apple and Verizon to unlock devices for redistribution.
- Develop end user self-help documentation for common challenges
- Work with members on scheduling appointments, screening for appropriate telehealth platform use and member training
- Working closely with VCC and tech team to troubleshoot basic platform issues
- · Obtain medical records from Provider offices, hospitals and SNF’s if necessary
- Schedule all requested appointments in appropriate slots per activity category (inbound / outbound / scheduled)
- Monitor tasks in EHR
- Assist RNs and APCs with visits preparation needs
- Test telehealth platform with patient to ensure smooth virtual visit
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1-2 years of experience with Apple and android device configuration and applications.
- Experience with iPhone and Android phones.
- Experience with asset inventory and tracking.
- Experience with customer service and technical assistance.
- High School degree required.
- Basic understanding in current mobile device technology, and ability to learn and adapt to Alignment specific applications and protocols.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Basic math skills required for data analyzation, and billing.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and research issues effectively.
- Willingness and capability to learn new technologies and adapt to dynamic environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Technology and automated solutions oriented.
- Well organized with strong attention to detail and analytical skills while maintaining speed in completing work.
- Efficient working style with strict adherence to deadlines.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Communicates effectively using good customer relations skills.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard schedules will be set 40 hours a week Mon-Fri
- Coverage over weekends may be required
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
City: Remote - CA
Location City: Remote - CA
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Telehealth Coordinator, Virtual Care Center
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.