Sr. Data Analyst, FHIR
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2720
Position Title: Sr. Data Analyst, FHIR
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms), our Data Services and BI team is looking for the best and brightest leaders. Data drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer-FHIR Lead. FHIR® (Fast Health Interoperability Resources) is an HL7 standard which brings RESTful APIs and a common format for hundreds of clinical data models to healthcare. This position will play a key role in building FHIR platform operating on a cloud-based data platform and its pipelines using REST API’s, Microsoft Azure cloud services, machine learning and Big Data technologies.
(May include but are not limited to)
· Conducting in-depth data analysis and perform data model design and data mapping activates, using spreadsheets, Visio or more specialized BI and Analytical tools
· Determines approaches to interoperability of Clinical/Healthcare data, including mapping of clinical content to data standards to support use case requirements.
· Experience in implementing data modeling based on FHIR standards in Healthcare Domain in Azure Cloud
· Experience with Healthcare data such as patient level data, claims data and provider data.
· Define the strategy, vision, goals, objectives and target key results for the development of HIE and interoperability digital services in Azure.
· Map data from a variety of complex data sources using a proprietary mapping tool into a FHIR model.
· Analyze and Validate Data to ensure the appropriate data modeling, vocabulary, terminology, and code-set standard for representing and harmonizing Healthcare data
· Collaborates with technical resources to perform root cause analysis and complete remediation of data quality issues
· Strong knowledge in HL7 standard data formats and FHIR® formatted XML and JSON objects and need to know how to read and write functionality works based on the GET/PUT/POST/DELETE functions used in web-based APIs.
· The liaison between Business and the Programming Teams.
· Understand and examine the current Healthcare data received from different applications/vendors & build the data modeling/mapping for converting the raw Healthcare data into FHIR format.
· Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to convert the Healthcare data into canonical FHIR format & make the data available in downstream usage.
· Works closely with the Data Engineering & BI leadership to set goals and objectives.
· Interact with different business units translate their data needs into requirements.
· Participate in project meetings, providing input to project plans and providing status updates.
· Creates and maintains positive, cohesive work environment.
· Interview and hire necessary personnel.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 5+ years of experience with EDI/FHIR/HL7 platforms & technologies and knowledge of Healthcare Industry standards and requirements.
· 5+ years database experience with MS SQL Server.
· 5+ years of experience in healthcare industry with proven understanding of data terminology.
· Clear understanding & working knowledge of HIPAA protocols.
· Extensive hands-on an experience with .Net, C#, Azure Data Factory, APIs and other cloud-based data services.
· Demonstrated advanced analytical and reporting skills.
· Strong Healthcare Payer and clinical data Experience
· Strong HL7 FHIR v4 Knowledge
· Strong Data Modeling experience
· Familiarity with Interoperability and Patient Access Final Law
· Strong SQL Skills
· BS in Computer Science, IT or equivalent and/or equivalent experience.
· Clear understanding & working knowledge of HIPAA protocols.
· Strong appreciation of timeliness and the ability to multitask and accomplish assigned tasks within project timelines.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
· Excellent human relations and verbal/written communication skills.
· Effective negotiation skills.
· Microsoft Azure Certification is a plus
· FHIR certification is a plus
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Data Analyst, FHIR
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.