CAHPS and HOS Quality Program Manager
Location: Remote - CA, California US
Job Number: 2587
Position Title: CAHPS and HOS Quality Program Manager
CAHPS and HOS Quality Program Manager will be responsible for full end-to-end program management of various projects and initiatives related to STAR Ratings improvement. This position will support strategy and initiative development and execution across CAHPS, HOS, and Operations measures. Key activities include augmenting improvement strategies and focusing on supporting and improving the infrastructure, key performance metrics and tools to achieve higher STAR Ratings. This position is highly visible and collaborates with internal cross functional areas and external provider and vendor partners.
Monitors projects from inception through delivery. Ability to understand, present and analyze data. Active collaborator with people who are responsible for internal business projects and programs involving department or cross-functional teams of subject matter experts. Understands multiple perspectives of health care, government programs, operational issues and the impact. Ability to perform moderately complex business analysis. May engage and oversee the work of external vendors. Experience working with providers and Pay for Performance programs.
(May include but are not limited to)
- This position shall serve as the subject matter expert in Medicare STARs Program focusing on member experience measures related to CAHPS and HOS.
- Will plan, organize, direct, implement and track improvement initiatives to achieve improvement in STAR Ratings towards achieving the organizational 5 STAR goal.
- Responsible for comprehensive analysis of STAR measures, barriers and opportunities and presenting results of improvement efforts and performance measures to Health Plan leadership.
- Actively monitors STAR Ratings performance and effectively communicate improvement opportunities through targeted network, provider, and member outreach.
- Manage internal and external relationships, including vendors, across the network – address issues, develop and provide education and facilitate meeting established STAR goals.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely actionable reports are delivered to providers in collaboration with Quality team and Data analysts.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to achieve targets.
- Other duties as assigned Job
Instructions: State the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- 5 years of healthcare quality or performance improvement experience
- 3 years of experience in CMS Star Ratings Program performance, measurement, analytics, reporting and forecasting at a health plan
- 3 years of Medicare experience
- Proficient with data and reports
- Progressive experience with business management, negotiation experience, managing projects
- Demonstrated ability to be part of a fun, yet hard working team
- People and team management experience preferred
- Complete proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- VBA, SQL, and/or other programming skills highly desirable
- Willingness to travel 10% - 30% of the time
Essential Physical Functions:
Instructions: If the job is physically demanding, this should be stated in the job description. A physically demanding job is in which one is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
City: Remote - CA
Location City: Remote - CA
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: CAHPS and HOS Quality Program Manager
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.