HCC Coding Analyst
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2581
Position Title: HCC Coding Analyst
To effectively interface with provider partners, to successfully, monitor and implement HCC coding strategies. Audit all RAPS submissions to ensure accuracy in the data provided to CMS. Provide coding expertise as well as administrative oversight to ensure successful integration of AHC's HCC initiatives.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Monitors coding & abstracting quality by conducting &/or coordinating ongoing audits to ensure coding quality & performance improvement standards are maintained, achieved & improved.
- Develop, implement, evaluate & improve IPA’s educational tools for their respective providers in order to accurately capture acute and chronic conditions.
- Tracks & reports progress of the audits performed on the coding vendors in order to assure the coding accuracy and quality of the data submitted to CMS.
- Work with Risk Adjustment Management on any Data Validation and /or RADV coding audit to ensure completeness and coding accuracy of all submissions to CMS.
- Maintain a comprehensive tracking and management tool for assigned IPA’s within Alignments Healthcare provider network.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state &local regulations, as well as with institutional/organizational standards, practices, policies & procedures.
- Support the Risk Adjustment and STARs Management Team in scheduling/training activities. Maintain records of training.
- Work with Risk Adjustment and STARs Management on the monitoring of HCC Corrective Action Plans as needed.
- Suggest new Physician Group Risk Adjustment coding initiatives. Participate in SCITs/ Education meetings as needed
- Coordinate Risk Adjustment audit activities as it relates to the assigned groups. Assist with CMS Data Validation activities, including suggested record selections, tracking and submission, in conjunction with Risk Adjustment Healthcare Management
- Regularly update all Risk Adjustment materials for clinical and official guideline changes.
- Update all education materials based on CMS-HCC Model and ICD-10 annual changes
- Suggest, update, and enhance clinical educational materials to assist in training physicians and clinical staff on Risk Adjustment Healthcare Programs including CMSHCC Models, Clinician Chart Reviews, and Encounter Documentation.
- Suggest customizations of Risk Adjustment education and STARs education for various audiences; Support Staff, PCPs, Specialists, Employees vs. contracted and Central Departments
- Stay current of industry coding, compliance and HCC issues.
- Utilize, protect, and disclose Alignment Healthcare patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assists with the all HEDIS medical Record reviews for HEDIS Quality Data abstractions
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization’s needs.
- Three-five years of coding in a medical group or health plan setting required; Professional Coding experience required.
- Previous use of Epic, Allscripts, EZCap a plus
- Proficient user in MS office suite, MS access a plus
- Certified Coder required, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, Certified Auditor a plus.
- Experience with HEDIS abstractions a plus
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: HCC Coding Analyst
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.