Licensed Vocational Nurse
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Job Number: 2565
Position Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
LVN is responsible for completing all duties with a high demonstrated competency in addition to managing patient flow on the floor. Supports Extensivist team schedules and patient follow up as needed. Additional duties such as special projects, reports, administrative or compliance tasks may be assigned as needed.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Perform diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures within his/her level of training and expertise, and as outlined on the practice agreement and written protocol with the supervising physician.
- Complete all basic patient intake with demonstrated competency including but not limited to:
- Vitals (height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temps, etc)
- Vaccine Administration
- Medical History/medication collection including Jump Start Application and EMR
- Other machines / systems trained on by supervisor and within Medical Assistant Scope
- Complete all patient check in functions including eligibility verification, appointment scheduling, confirmation, arrival of member within the EMR system and checkout.
- Medication administration as instructed by supervising physician
- Complete HEDIS and all other clinical alerts tasked to a medical assistant role per protocols including management of home monitoring systems if applicable
- Deliver on excellent customer service for every member including assisting with care coordination needs such referrals, enrollments in chronic disease management programs, etc.
- Support Extensivist Schedule updates and patient chart reviews daily.
- Facilitate member concerns, complaints or coordination needs regarding services at Alignment clinics, primary physician’s offices, any network provider or with health plan.
- Complete telephonic history and pre-visit planning as needed
- Complete patient drop-in visits for those that are unable to contact or need equipment assistance in home for Alignment’s telehealth programs
- Facilitate referrals / authorizations for members between the member, Alignment, specialist and primary care provider if applicable.
- Tracks inventory of all medication and laboratory test reagents.
- Conducts routine inventory and tracking of all medical supply
- Assists with monthly medical supply orders
- Tracks all perishable supplies within the clinic.
- Maintain appropriate logs of calibration for all lab equipment .
- Use of Electronic Medical Records required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Minimum 3 years within the medical field
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Requires successful completion of an accredited vocational nursing program.
- Registered with California Board of Vocational Nursing
- Current, unrestricted license in the state for which you are applying
- Must have CPR certification
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Experience with point of care lab equipment
- Knowledge of Medicare Managed Care Plans, preferred
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills with seniors
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- EMR experience is strongly preferred
- Bilingual skills valued (Spanish preferred)
- Must be flexible with traveling between regions as needed to meet business needs.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be required to travel to other clinic locations away from his/her home location(s) and/or to patient homes.
City: Los Angeles
Location City: Los Angeles
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.