Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2557
Position Title: Manager, Coding
The Coding Manager will be responsible for managing and developing the HCC Coding team. The Manager will work with the senior leadership team to audit documentation and coding practices to ensure accuracy in the data provided to CMS. He/she will provide coding expertise as well as administrative oversight to ensure successful deployment of AHC's HCC initiatives.
- Monitors coding & abstracting productivity and quality to ensure coding quality & performance improvement standards are maintained, achieved & improved.
- Establish performance guidelines in terms of quality and productivity measures
- Manage and maintain a comprehensive tracking and management tool for Coding workload and prioritization.
- Manage Coding activities for all assigned coders and ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state &local regulations, as well as with institutional/organizational standards, practices, policies & procedures.
- Assist with CMS Data Validation activities, including suggested record selections, tracking and submission, in conjunction with Risk Adjustment leadership team.
- Keep updated on new statutes/regulations/policies and distribute updates as required
- Provides guidance in the coding/abstraction, production, and quality assurance, auditing and training activities
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization’s needs.
- Some travel as necessary (>10%)
Oversees assigned staff. Responsibilities include: recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; assigning workload; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Three-five years of coding in a medical group or health plan setting required; Professional Coding experience required.
- Previous use of EMR systems
- Proficient user in MS office suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, health Care Management or in a related field or equivalent experience desired.
- Certified Coder required, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, Certified Auditor a plus.
- Experience with strategic planning in risk mitigation.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Coding Manager
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.