Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2526
Position Title: Data Engineer
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms), our Data Services and BI team is looking for the best and brightest leaders. Data drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
This position will play a key role in building and operating a cloud-based data platform and its pipelines using big data technologies.
As a Data Engineer, you will develop a new data engineering platform that leverage a new cloud architecture, and will extend or migrate our existing data pipelines to this architecture as needed. You will also be assisting with integrating the SQL data warehouse platform as our primary processing platform to create the curated enterprise data model for the company to leverage. You will be part of a team building the next generation data platform and to drive the adoption of new technologies and new practices in existing implementations. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the complex ETL pipelines in cloud data platform and other solutions to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and developing new datasets in data platform
- Building and migrating the complex ETL pipelines from on premise system to cloud and Hadoop/Spark to make the system grow elastically
- Identifying the data quality issues to address them immediately to provide great user experience
- Extracting and combining data from various heterogeneous data sources
- Designing, implementing and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
- Modelling data and metadata to support machine learning and AI
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- 2+ years relevant experience in cloud based data engineering.
- Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Data Warehousing Experience with SQL Server, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, etc.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (NoSQL databases, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, Elasticsearch etc.)
- Experience in using Python, .net, Java and/or other data engineering languages
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- Knowledge and experience of SQL Sever and SSIS.
- Excellent communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Healthcare domain and data experience
- Healthcare EDI experience is a plus
- API development experience is a plus
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using Azure or AWS technologies – SQL Server, Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline, Data Lake, Data Factory and other big data technologies
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
- Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
- Experience with Azure, AWS or GCP is a plus
- Microsoft Azure Certification is a plus
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic startup environment
- Problem solving skills and Ability to meet deadlines are a must
- Microsoft Azure Certification is a plus
- Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.