Legal Project Manager
Location: Remote-Orange, California US
Job Number: 2462
Position Title: Legal Project Manager
Legal Project Manager
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
This position interacts with Legal Department attorneys and senior management on a routine basis and occasionally represents the Legal Department in various tactical and strategic activities. As an integral member of the Legal Department team, the Program-Project Manager, Legal will be expected to manage and oversee various projects and processes designed to improve the department’s effectiveness while reducing costs. The Program-Project Manager,, Legal must also have good client management skills, ensuring that internal clients are aware of the status of matters while managing often competing expectations with diplomacy and understanding.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Partner with attorneys with the review, drafting and negotiation of contracts, including vendor contracts and non-disclosure agreements.
- Collaborate with attorneys with the preparation and submission of regulatory filings.
- Lead the process with Legal Team in the gathering of information and preparation of responses to subpoenas and other requests for information.
- Draft board and committee minutes and board resolutions; manage and maintain custody of permanent corporate records, including minute books. Interface and respond to information requests from management, regulatory agencies and auditors.
- Create, design and maintain databases, trackers, of legal programs, projects and processes.
- Co-manage special projects with Legal Team including supporting due diligence, closing process and record-keeping.
- Additional duties and responsibilities in support of the various projects, programs and processes within the Legal department and organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- Four to six years of applicable work experience.
- Paralegal certification preferred.
- Project Management certification a plus
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions with well thought out recommendations
- Effectively partner and collaborate with Legal Team and AHC leadership team on all initiatives; develop and maintain solid working relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail, conscientiousness, keen observation, consistency, reliability and ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform high quality work in a deadline-based environment.
- Excellent organization skills, and oral and written communication skills; as well as the capacity to be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently; set priorities, be self-motivated, meet routine deadlines, and resolve problems with an understanding of the business and legal environments.
- Ability to be a productive and cooperative team member.
- Ability to interact effectively and in a professional and supportive manner with persons in all job responsibilities and from all backgrounds.
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Remote-Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Legal Project Manager
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.