Location: Remote-Orange, California US
Job Number: 2320
Position Title: Cloud Engineer
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
We are seeking to add Cloud Engineers with a high level of experience, and who have shown an strong ability to learn advanced technologies. The products and services that we develop and deploy will enable next generation care delivery models for seniors. The ideal candidate will enjoy working alongside other engineers, data scientists, designers, users, and clinicians, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our Pathfinder platform.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Work directly with product teams to analyze and decompose complex software requirement into simple stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Contribute to infrastructure as code engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
- Contribute to security engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, delivery, and maintainability.
- Provide mentoring for Level 2 engineers on complex issues regarding various infrastructure and Azure components.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- 4 + years of Azure design, architecture, tools, inter-operability, and automated deployment.
- 2+ years of experience with coding tools such as Terraform, Visual Studio Code or Azure DevOps (VSTS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading small teams and complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience with TCP/IP based network design and troubleshooting.
- Experience in implementation of web applications, APIs, frameworks, and databases.
- Experience using various repos such as Github in a production environment
- Knowledge of basic security practices in infrastructure, Cloud, and applications
- Demonstrated experience designing, creating, and testing automation scripts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Hunger to learn and an intense technical curiosity.
- Critical thinker and solutions oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with PHI and compliance issues in Healthcare/
- Hands on experience delivering and supporting publicly facing web applications
- Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work experience as a Cloud Engineer/DevOps or similar software engineering role
Working knowledge of Python
Strong Powershell background
CloudShell is a plus
Working knowledge of databases and SQL
Working knowledge of Github, preferably in a PHI environment
Working knowledge of deployment pipelines
Working Knowledge of Terraform Professional, preferably in Azure
Working knowledge of current security practices
Provide Level 2/3 support for cloud resource design, deployment, and troubleshooting
Understands how to document code effectively
Good social skills to meet and work with a wide variety of professionals
Cloud Engineers often participate in the processes of strategic project-planning meetings. In addition to providing your guidance and expertise on system options, risk, impact, and costs vs. benefits, you will create and share operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects.
You will responsible for developing and building Azure centric IT solutions, modifying and enhancing existing IT solutions and setting architectural requirements for future solutions. You install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
You will build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology and tools such as Git Enterprise, Terraform, Powershell, cloud shell, PHP, JSON, and other languages. You will deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Routine application maintenance tasks are an ongoing responsibility of DevOps Engineers that they accomplish via strategy-building techniques. They also help create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance and upgrades. Troubleshooting existing information systems in Azure for errors and resolving those errors is also a primary responsibility of DevOps Engineers
Designed tools/scripts for managing the infrastructure.
Understand the criticality of programming clean & re-usable simple code/modules
Developed code/modules for extensive test coverage, performed continuous deployment in a professional software engineering environment.
Worked on various platforms with different programming languages and supported Production management and Disaster Recovery.
Configured cloud images, templates, and resources and optimize the task performance in correspondence with the engineers
Location City: Remote-Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Engineer
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.