Temporary Social Worker / LCSW (Home Visit Program)
Location: Remote - CA, California US
Job Number: 1906
Position Title: Temporary Social Worker
Medical Social Worker LCSW Riverside/San Bernardino
Flexible work schedule
Bilingual Spanish Preferred
Help us put the wellbeing of our members first by promoting wellness, safety and independence in the comfort of their own homes. We are looking for compassionate, knowledgeable, and caring social workers that want to make an impact on our members’ quality of life. We want team members that will help us comprehensively take care of our members by addressing their clinical, behavioral, and social needs and figuring out how to best link all of these together to achieve the best health and wellness outcomes.
In this role you will assess and evaluate members’ needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain their health. You will guide members and their families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for their care and well-being. You will also work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, employing a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to enable a member to manage their physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues.
(May include but are not limited to)
- As a member of the AHC Clinical Team, will provide direct social work services and support to AHC members by conducting home and residence visits as assigned, including home safety and wellness assessments, care planning and on-going re-assessments of member care to support immediate and long-term care needs.
- Following a thorough assessment completed by a mid-level provider, the AHC Social Worker partners together with the members’ assigned Mid-Level Provider (MLP) to refer members to appropriate no or low-cost community services that support health and independence such as Meals On Wheels (MOW), local Area Agencies on Aging (AAA), Senior & Assistance Programs, and transportation resources.
- Involves the members’ families and primary caregiver(s) as needed to achieve the best care decisions and outcomes.
- Effectively collaborates with all those involved in the members’ care, including health services contractors (i.e., Home Health, Hospice, Community Agencies), to meet the members’ care goals and further success.
- Consults with and advises the Clinical Team regarding the relationship of social, emotional, and cultural factors to health and medical care, and to the availability of social services in the community.
- Assists MLP in supporting the member care plan, including education and completion of advance directives (i.e., Five Wishes, DNR, POLST, etc.) as appropriate.
- Complies with safety policies and procedures, identifying and immediately reporting any potential or actual unsafe acts or conditions to their supervisor/team. Takes necessary measures to ensure a safe environment for oneself, co-workers, contractors, participants, visitors and others.
- Consistently meets or exceeds AHP targets for productivity, customer service, quality assessment, and performance targets.
- Understands the importance of community involvement and participates as appropriate in activities that link AHP to its communities.
- Maintains current written progress notes and other documentation on the member Medical Record including signed and dated documentation for all service performed the day the service is provided.
- Participates in program and policy development of the AHP Social Work program.
- Complies with all policy and procedures of AHP.
- And other tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work; Master’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work preferred. Must have LCSW license.
- Two years social work experience, preferably in health care, and minimum one-year experience working with a frail/elderly population.
- Age specific competency in working with the elderly and knowledge of community services for the elderly and their families.
- Valid California driver’s license with good driving record.
- TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a hospital-designated nurse practitioner or physician is required for employment.
- Requires up to 80% travel to member homes and residences, which may include nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and board and care facilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of social work principles and practices, including case management and counseling techniques.
- Strong Background in Health/Medical/Hospital/Hospice desired.
- Knowledge of chronic health conditions and how they impact members: Diabetes, Heart Failure, COPD, Dementia/Alzheimer’s, Dialysis, Cancer, and Stroke.
- Extensive knowledge of general community resources and eligibility criteria.
- Experience in working with a multi-disciplinary team of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Health Coaches.
- Strong working knowledge of older adults and mental health issues
- Assessment and care coordination needs: Identifying Risk, Safety Planning, Mandated Reporting, Caregiver issues/needs, Referrals to community services, helping members and families move along a care continuum: hospital: home: SNF: Palliative Care and Hospice, consulting with clinical team members as needed. Taking a proactive lead in case discussions during weekly IDT rounds, recommending to team member findings from Social Work assessment and care plan.
- Must be able to think critically and work independently in the field utilizing sound clinical judgement in the delivery of Social Work Services.
City: Remote - CA
Location City: Remote - CA
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Temporary Social Worker / LCSW (Home Visit Program)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.