Senior Technical Writer
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1866
Position Title: Senior Technical Writer
Senior Technical Writer:
***Please note this job posting is for future opportunities
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans, and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms), you will partner with our data and engineering teams to help accelerate data and analytics product development and adoption. Data drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
This position will play a key role in data and insight product development, delivering clear, concise, and accurate written information about Alignment health ecosystem products and solutions. Outputs will include a range of documents including, but not limited to, implementation guides, developer guides, operations guides, and user guides to optimize value creation and adoption from both technical and non-technical personnel, both internal and external, telling the story of how we deliver actionable healthcare insights & solutions.
Problems you will work on every day will include:
- Continuously improve the organization’s technical documentation in collaboration with engineers, product managers, designers, developer advocates, and business stakeholders.
- Create and maintain shared documentation resources; drive the improvement of the team’s style and process as we scale to support a growing product base.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather information and support internal teams (Product Innovation, Development, Support, Security, etc.) in the research, creation, and maintenance of workflow documentation, product requirements, solution design, presentations, testing methodologies, and related internal and external-facing documentation
- Develop documentation strategies and roadmaps; partner with engineers and product managers to author technical communications, including high-level overviews, references, examples, tutorials, and more
- Reviews and revises documents prepared by others and coordinates the preparation of those materials for a completed product
- Collaborate with Product and Marketing teams to publish external communications and develop product evangelization content, blog posts, etc
- Serve as subject matter expert and mentor to team members, providing training and guidance regarding online documentation tool, documentation standards, industry trends and new processes, procedures and tools
- Leveraging your clear understanding of the challenges developers face and how documentation can help resolve them; act as a technical communications advocate and coach engineers and product managers on best practices; train teams to create and maintain their product documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- 5+ years’ experience as a developer or developer-facing technical writer/trainer.
- Familiarity with prototyping, wireframe, and design platforms (eg InVision) and working with UI/UX design teams
- Experience with Git, HTML/CSS, and at least one programming language (professional experience or otherwise).
- Familiarity with managing docs as code and content management best practices.
- Passion for assisting developers and end users; positive team attitude and a willingness to get hands-on to resolve problems from both a content and tooling perspective.
- Ability to deliver against tight deadlines and handle multiple, competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with data, data science, and analytics teams and solutions
- Experience with healthcare documentation, including population health and clinical messaging
- Demonstrated experience analyzing product and user behavior data such as customer feedback and surveys, search metrics, and usage reports
- Experience with process improvement methodologies eg Lean or Six Sigma
- Experience working with document and change control management tools
- Experience with health standards (eg X12, HL7, and NCPDP), procedures, and policies
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Orange, California
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Writer
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.