Data DevOps Engineer
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1638
Position Title: Data Development Operations Engineer
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms), our Data and Technology services is looking for the best and brightest leaders. Data drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
We are currently seeking a Data DevOps Engineer is responsible for supporting Alignment Healthcare’s enterprise data platforms. This role requires a balance of Azure cloud database administration responsibilities as well as a support role in data applications and design. As a result of this unique blend of responsibilities, the incumbent must work in tight unison with in-house Developers, Systems Engineers and external vendors to provide a high level of excellence in our data-driven platform. This role requires effective communication with all levels across Data & Technology and managing customer perceptions that build strong relationships throughout both Data & Technology and business departments. This position also facilitates ongoing collaboration with Data & Technology department leaders to develop consistent framework strategies that align with business requirements, goals and initiatives. Primary responsibilities of this role include owning, tracking, and resolving data platform related incidents and requests, CI/CD for data platform, performance tuning, remediation of security vulnerabilities. This role also requires a service-oriented mentality, a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, a focus on managing and resolving issues, as well as initiating and performing DevOps functions on Production, UAT, Dev, and Test systems. The Data DevOps Engineer requires familiarity with Data & Analytics technologies and reporting techniques that support Alignment Healthcare’s analytics environment.
(May include but are not limited to)
• Develop, test and implement CI/CD Process which minimize downtime.
• Develop and maintain data platform standards, naming conventions and DevOps methodologies.
• Perform database and application tuning.
• Perform code review and provide consultation to development teams.
• Review and approve database logical and physical designs.
• Confer with technical staff and cross departmental team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance database applications, scripts, procedures, processes and metadata.
• Keep up-to-date on emerging cloud data platform architectures, technologies, and methodologies.
• Mentor and train other staff as necessary.
• Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Attend meetings and training as required.
• Working in and around Azure DevOps and GIT. Managing assigned tasks and possible bugs
• Extensive experience in performance tuning and troubleshooting (drill down approach with database and application).
• Azure Cloud SQL Experience
• 3+ years maintaining SQL Server mission critical databases
• 3+ years in SQL and PL/SQL scripting and tuning.
• 3+ years in shell scripting / PowerShell scripting, SSIS packages.
• 2+ years with Big Data Technologies (NoSQL databases, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, Elasticsearch etc.)
• Experience monitoring databases with SQL Server related monitoring tools.
• Ability to install and configure new server instances and upgrade existing ones.
• Experience in using Python, Java and/or other data engineering languages
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using Azure or AWS technologies – SQL Server, Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline, Data Lake, Data Factory and other big data technologies
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical people
• Problem solving skills and Ability to meet deadlines are a must
• Microsoft Azure Certification is a plus
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Data DevOps Engineer
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.