Software Engineering Intern
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2130
Position Title: Front-End Engineer Intern
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare product company focused partnering with health systems, health plans, and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms) and our engineering team is looking for the best and brightest leaders. Data and technology inform the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
We seek front-end engineering interns, who have a passion for learning and experimentation. The products and services that we develop will enable next generation care delivery models for seniors. We are looking for talented engineers to execute amazing web & mobile app experiences for our users. The ideal candidate will enjoy working alongside a diverse team that includes other engineers, data scientists, designers, users, and clinicians.
Skills & Requirements
- You’re passionate about writing code, building amazing products and delivering the highest caliber of code.
- You like working with teammates to innovate and build products you will be proud of.
- You love learning new skills and working on a variety of projects.
- You have hands-on development experience using C#, Java, Python or Go.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and clinical leads to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Own feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Already possess or are working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years of work or academic experience with the Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy).
- Experience (academic or work) in designing and developing software, including object-oriented design or object-oriented programming, in course-assigned and/or hobby projects.
- Understands the fundamentals of data structures, algorithm design and analysis.
- Exposure to software development best practices through academic study, architectural reviews, CI/CD build automation & deployment, automated test frameworks and continuous performance monitoring
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience (work or academic) designing, creating, testing, and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience building Web forms from JSON Schema that can be rendered after retrieval from a database.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Hunger to learn, particularly an intense usability curiosity.
- Able to dive into the source code of front-end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary.
- Critical thinker and solutions-oriented.
- Experience in React JS
- Mobile development experience
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
- Experience in view layout and rendering technologies
- Experience in lazy loading assets, CDNs, caching and compression.
- Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer’s devices, etc.).
- Experience with scrum methodology.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineering Intern
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.