Sr. Finance Manager
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2100
Position Title: Finance Sr. Manager, DTS
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
Provide financial leadership, direction and analysis to the DTS organization. For this role, we’re looking for a leader who has built a consistent track record of excellence in the workplace, can flourish in an entrepreneurial environment, and is comfortable working in a dynamic organization while managing tight deadlines. Responsibilities include assuring financial results are appropriately stated real-time, analyzing historical financial results, creating actionable budgets and forecasts, and advising DTS leadership in making appropriate investment decisions to help drive shareholder value. The analysis must be presented with clarity and in a way that it can be acted upon to improve the effectiveness of the business and DTS.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Work directly with DTS Directors, Vice Presidents and Executive Leadership to help build their respective forecasts and budgets, ensuring they are accurate and aligned with corporate objectives.
- Prepare analyses that identify and communicate business results, trends, and outlooks. Create analysis, commentary, and presentation materials (both financial results and business initiatives) for monthly business reviews.
- Financial presentations include a clear interpretation of the data, valuable insights into the business operations, and recommended action plans to mitigate/moderate issues when appropriate.
- Develop and track business-unit key performance indicators (“KPIs”). Analyze and communicate results to business leaders.
- Develop and prepare ad-hoc financial and business analytics, return on investment analyses, and other projects as requested.
- Work closely with company leadership to enhance the DTS Project Intake Process with business case analyses development designed to quantify, evaluate, prioritize, and measure financial return of both proposed and existing Projects. Includes ownership and integrity of Project cost models and benefits tracking and realization.
- Support RFP analyses and vendor negotiations with key technology vendors and contractors as required.
- Review monthly results for accuracy; manage the monthly DTS accruals, work closely with accounting team for any necessary adjustments needed.
- Partner with the accounting team to properly identify, substantiate, and classify Project-based capitalized expenses in accordance with GAAP. Assist with accruals for outstanding invoices for services. Works closely with Strategic Sourcing to ensure that policies and procedures related to purchasing are understood and adhered to within DTS.
- Lead and support cost accounting efforts designed to understand IT cost allocations to business units.
- Regularly evaluate current processes and tools, identify best practices, develop plans, and implement improvements.
- Develop financial and business management processes that serve as a role model for other departments and business units.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires minimum travel (<10%).
Scope & Accountability:
- The DTS Manager’s decisions and actions directly impact the company’s financial performance, investment decisions, reputation of both the IT and Finance organizations, and role-models good financial management practices.
- The Manager is accountable for transparency and evaluation of investment in DTS spending. Performs work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Provides concise recommendations based on analysis, business insight, and contextual understanding.
- Communicates effectively with DTS leadership and company executives as necessary on decisions and issues impacting their areas of responsibility.
- The Manager works under established guidelines and controls, including all federal and state laws, guidelines, regulations, and corporate policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- Five to eight years of experience in a matrixed organization.
- Two to three years managing a team, preferred.
- Experience working with IT organizations, health care, insurance, or technology is strongly preferred. Experience with IT accounting for software licenses, capitalization, depreciation and capital expenditures is strongly preferred.
- Experience creating, improving, and managing financial forecasting and planning cycles.
- Experience identifying, quantifying, leading, and executing process improvement efforts involving multiple disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required. MS or MBA is desired.
- Will accept any suitable equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint; understands and is familiar with ERP and enterprise accounting systems. Great Plains general ledger knowledge desired.
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP.
- Excellent and proven written and verbal communication skills with senior and executive management. Effective active listening skills.
- Ability to distill complex data into simple charts/graphs with possibility to drill down into details.
- Proven ability to partner with businesses leadership creating and managing to budgets and financial targets.
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented and able to prioritize and work with deadlines.
- Works with a high degree of autonomy.
- Ability to successfully manage projects with participation from various departments and at levels in the organization.
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Finance Manager
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.