Clinical Nurse Educator, Nurse Practitioner
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Job Number: 2066
Position Title: Clinical Nurse Educator, APC
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
The Alignment Care Anywhere program is a physician-led and advanced practice clinician-driven program that is intended to care for and support Alignment Healthcare patients by proactively providing an additional level of medical and social support via various modalities, including in the comfort of their home, Alignment Clinic, or telehealth visits. This program provides patients with medical and social support when and where they need it, with the goal of preventing unnecessary hospitalizations, health complications, and unmanaged disease progression that can occur when timely clinical interventions are not provided or are not accessible. Our clinic, home-based, and telehealth programs are offered to eligible patients at no cost to them.
In collaboration with the Care Anywhere (CAW) Clinical Leadership Team, provides clinical education, evaluation, and systems training to new and existing clinical staff, including Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, and Physicians and is responsible for superior clinical outcomes for the Care Anywhere Program. We believe that the best clinical trainers continue to provide patient care which allows them the ability to test, edit, and optimize workflows, so this position will require maintaining a smaller patient panel assignment.
(May include but are not limited to)
· In collaboration with the Clinical Training Manager, is responsible for new hire onboarding and training of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. Provides educational leadership to patients and care providers to enhance specialized patient care within established clinical protocols.
· Works closely with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to ensure that they know how to appropriately use the Patient 360 form to help guide clinical focus and improve clinical documentation.
· Collaborates with medical providers and patient care staff in the planning, implementation, and delivery of educational curriculum.
· Initiates clinical skills development programs within the parameters of established clinical and preceptorship models; monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
· With direction from CAW Clinical Leadership Team, this position supports the clinical team based on policies and procedures that conform to current standards of practice, company philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
· Works closely with AHC clinical leaders, regularly discussing any concerns regarding utilization of services or complicated cases.
· Educates technical and patient care staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments; coordinates in-service training and workshops for appropriate staff.
· Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
· Responsible for retention of current clinical team and working proactively with CAW leadership to help support and mentor NPs and PAs.
· Will report all findings to the CAW Clinical Leadership Team or appropriate company executive for final decision.
· Performs direct patient care as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 2+ years related experience with clinical emphasis for Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
· Minimum of 1-year experience leading clinical staff, preferably within a high-risk clinic and/or home-based care delivery environment
· Current unrestricted state license and current state driver’s license
· Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPC codes
· Knowledge of clinical standards of care
· Awareness of UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems, is helpful
· Passion for geriatric patient care
· Comfortable with providing home-based care/home visits
· Ability to travel up to 50% local and nationally
· Ability to manage multiple new-hires and prioritize training needs
· Ability to work independently to meet company goals and timelines
· Strong interpersonal and technical presentation skills
· Skilled in identifying and resolving problems
· Proficient at verbal and written communication
· Detail oriented and accurate
· Demonstrated compatibility with Alignment’s mission and operating philosophies
· Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
· Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
· Ability to assess educational needs and design and develop training content and material
· Working knowledge of the use of established clinical and preceptorship models in the development of clinical education programs.
· Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
· Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
· Intermediate-level computer proficiency including Outlook, EMR- AllScripts and EPIC, and equipment such as iPad, and iPhone
· Master’s Degree or higher in Nursing OR Graduate of an accredited Physician's Assistant program required.
· Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in applicable state OR PA license in applicable state and current NCCPA certification required.
· Prescribing authority/DEA licensure in good standing as required in the state in which you are applying preferred.
· EMR experience is strongly preferred.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule and travel as needed.
· Experience in gerontology, adult care
· Home care or home visit experience
· Excellent administrative, organizational, and verbal skills
· Effective communication skills with seniors
· Ability to work independently
· Dependable and reliable
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
City: Los Angeles
Location City: Los Angeles
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Nurse Educator, Nurse Practitioner
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.