Tax Director, USA
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2065
Position Title: Tax Director, USA
Tax Director, USA
The Tax Director (USA) is responsible for ensuring the Company’s compliance with regulatory requirements as it relates to Federal, State and Local taxation and assessments, preparation of income tax provisions and related footnotes for the company’s entities, preparation and filing of indirect tax returns, special tax projects, tax planning and interacting with outside tax resources as necessary. This position is a Corporate shared services function and has responsibility for multiple domestic legal entities and reports to the Chief Accounting Officer.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual accounting for income taxes under ASC 740 and related tax provision and footnotes.
- Analysis of deferred tax assets and liabilities, including those related to stock based compensation.
- Timely filing of complete and accurate Federal and State income and franchise tax filings. This may include initial preparation of some tax returns and review of tax returns prepared by an outside tax preparer. This includes supporting schedules for temporary differences, depreciation calculations, and state apportionment.
- Preparation and timely filing of all indirect tax filings, including sales and use tax, annual reports, among other filings.
- Assist with day-to-day state and local tax matters that may arise.
- Assist in due diligence of potential M&A targets.
- Advise the Company on tax accounting aspects of complex transactions, including acquisitions, corporate restructurings, divestitures, and other cases.
- Lead special projects in specific technical areas such as tax basis balance sheets, valuation allowance, accounting for uncertain tax positions, share-based payments, etc.
- Ensure that the tax accounting processes, documentation and related systems are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements.
- Assist to identify, analyze and implement tax planning opportunities, including for U.S. tax reform, M&A transactions, debt and equity financing and business initiatives.
- Forecast of tax balances to be provided to Financial Planning
- Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues
- Maintain legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws
- Reduce the reliance on and costs of outside tax services thru internal automation of the tax return preparation process.
- Respond to notices and correspondence from federal and state tax authorities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by senior management.
No direct reports at the current time. Review of work performed by outsourced vendor.
- Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of tax provision and compliance experience in a large US Corporation.
- Insurance taxation experience is a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with tax receivable agreements, net operating loss utilization and various tax structures.
- Bachelor or Masters in Accounting or Taxation required; JD or MBT preferred.
- CPA license.
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Meets deadlines.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Well organized with attention to detail while still being able to see the big picture.
- Natural curiosity and strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to read, stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Tax Director, USA
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.