Social Worker / LCSW (Home Visit Program)
Location: Modesto, California US
Job Number: 1940
Position Title: Social Worker
Help us put the wellbeing of our members first by promoting wellness, safety and independence in the comfort of their own homes. We are looking for compassionate, knowledgeable, and caring social workers that want to make an impact on our members’ quality of life. We want team members that will help us comprehensively take care of our members by addressing their clinical, behavioral, and social needs and figuring out how to best link all of these together to achieve the best health and wellness outcomes.
In this role you will assess and evaluate members’ needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain their health. You will guide members and their families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for their care and well-being. You will also work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, employing a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to enable a member to manage their physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Conduct telephonic outreach to assigned members to assess health, environment, nutrition, and psycho-social areas of concerns using a variety of assessments.
- In response to assessments, coach and problem solve with member to identify and address specific goal(s) to support health and behavior change.
- Provide appropriate interventions to optimize health and well-being. Interventions may include education, the coordination of community based support services, and other resources.
- Collaborate with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Charts member's treatments and progress in accordance with state regulations and department procedures.
- Makes referrals to case manager, as appropriate, and/or refers member's family to community support services and resources.
- Provide home assessment to high risk members and develop an individual care plan
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating members for psychotropic medications.
- To better serve members and implement the model of care, will understand the clinical program design, program monitoring and reporting.
- Perform a full range of clinical social worker procedures in accordance with clinical privileges granted by the Plan and based in accordance with social work standards of practice.
- Practice as an interdependent member of the health team and provide important components of primary health care through direct social work services, consultation, collaboration, referral, teaching, and advocacy.
- Provide direct and indirect services to both inpatients and outpatients in accordance with social work standards of practice.
- Assess and treat outpatients in individual and family modalities exercising mature professional judgment and using a wide range of social work skills to include individual and family counseling to assist patients and their families in dealing with chronic and acute diseases/injuries.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments to determine patient needs and resources (both family support and community support). Provide counseling to patient and family in matters directly related to patients’ limitation, adjustment to medical condition, and ongoing treatment. Develop and implement discharge plans, follow-up care, and transfers to other health care facilities (e.g., nursing homes, rehabilitation hospitals, etc.)
- Plan and maintain referral and coordination services of services with other agencies to provide optimal patient care.
- Provide consultation services to medical, nursing, and ancillary hospital staff regarding psychosocial issues, discharge plans, and follow-up care for patients and families.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- Respond independently, and with various media, to appropriate community requests. Take the initiative in seeking out opportunities to present programs to meet the needs of patients/members and their families.
- Consult with Hospital administration, and Plan supplying information and feedback regarding procedures and services provided by the Psychology Division.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with community resources. Coordinate with physicians, and representatives of their service disciplines for the benefit of the member and their families. Take initiative in identifying and assessing the needs of the community, and organize responses to address those needs.
- Act as a human services agent, using clinical judgment and knowledge of area resources to provide information and referrals to patients and other care providers.
- Interface with the RN Case Manager(s) and the Interdisciplary Team (IDT) in the development and implementation of the Case Management Program (CMP).
- Integrate social work case management and nurse case management as a team.
- 5 years of experience in care management, assessment, long term member/patient care management or community based resource delivery.
- Ability to interact effectively with multi-disciplinary team members.
- Previous work with vulnerable adults or older adult population.
- Skill to understand current and potential needs of members to take appropriate action in order to support member in health and well-being changes.
- Skill in building trust in partnership with member/client/patient.
- Basic knowledge of complex care management and care management principles.
- Experience with motivational interviewing-Ability to apply Motivational Interviewing and Appreciative Inquiry.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) required.
- Valid unrestricted Social Worker license (LCSW) preferred.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to use a variety of electronic information applications/software programs.
- Demonstrated skill in problem solving.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and oral communication.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Modesto
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Social Worker / LCSW (Home Visit Program)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.