Member Outreach Associate
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1923
Position Title: Member Outreach Associate
Alignment Healthcare is seeking a passionate, highly-motivated, and detail oriented member outreach associate. The associate is central to all member experience, making outbound and inbound phone calls, to assist members, respond to member inquiries, coordinate benefits and services, and complete clinical questionnaires and schedule appointments. Their primary objective is to ensure an excellent member experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities
(May include, but are not limited to:)
- Responsible for receiving inbound phone calls within the department’s goal time frame
- Responsible for performing outbound courtesy calls:
- To complete Health Risk Assessment and/or Continuity of Care survey(s)
- To schedule member appointments for a variety of clinical programs
- To assist in arranging transportation to/from appointments
- To engage members in preventive services and clinical programs
- Any other campaign activity as required
- Responsible for documenting inbound and outbound calls with pertinent details (i.e. caller name, contact info, reason for call, action taken, resolution, etc.) and ensuring timely call wrap-up to support outcomes reporting
- Register patients and enter demographics with accuracy and attention to detail
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the member outreach efforts for member retention and increased member satisfaction
- Practice good customer service principles (i.e. positive attitude, helpful, etc.)
- Adhere to all applicable attendance policies to ensure queue coverage and a consistent, reliable member experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year minimum of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other Qualifications preferred but not required:
- Member Services or other relevant experience explaining health plan benefits
- Telemarketing and outbound experience
- Experience scheduling clinic appointments and/or home visits with AllScripts and/or EPIC or related EMR PM applications
- Bilingual abilities valued
- Previous experience with conducting telephonic clinical questionnaires
- Knowledge of Medicare Managed Care Plans
Skills and Abilities:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
* Computer literate, typing 40+ words per minute.
* Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Member Outreach Associate
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.