Medical Assistant (Temporary, Bilingual Required)
Location: Riverside, California US
Job Number: 1865
Position Title: Medical Assistant
Alignment Healthcare is seeking a medical assistant to work closely with clinicians to administer medical services. The medical assistant will be responsible for assisting clinicians in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician.
General Duties / Responsibilities
(May include but are not limited to):
Provides Back Office Support
- Rooms and interviews patients, measures vital signs and records reason for visit.
- Explains procedures, performs treatments, and administers prescribed medication.
Provides Front Office support
- Greets patients in a friendly, service oriented manner in compliance with Alignment policies and workflows.
- Oversees patient check in by ensuring medical records / charts have been pulled, patient data is current, appropriate paperwork is in order, and charts are reviewed / prepared.
- Oversees patient check out by scheduling follow up appointments, collecting co-payment if applicable, ensuring paperwork is complete.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments.
- Reconciles co-payments at the end of each day.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a working medical assistant.
- CCPMA certification highly preferred (or podiatry experience)
- Experience working with Medicare population preferred.
- Requires a high school diploma; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Medical Assistant certification from an accredited school of training required.
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish required.
- Based out of East Los Angeles care center.
- Able to travel throughout Riverside and San Bernandino counties for home visits.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Support weekend hours as needed (may have the option to work Thursday-Tuesday schedule).
Essential Physical Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and / or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Riverside
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant (Temporary, Bilingual Required)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.