Senior Financial Planning Analyst
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1822
Position Title: Sr. Financial Planning Analyst
Senior Financial Planning Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst will assist the Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis in the development and implementation of annual financial plan (budget), forecast, multi-year financial plan and analysis of major projects and perform a variety of analytical analysis relative to assigned area of responsibility.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Prepare tentative, interim, and final budget submissions within established guidelines; review expenditures to ensure proper budget compliance
- Develop and manage financial budgets and forecast for all SG&A departments using trend reports, estimates, and recommendation from business owners
- Work with business owners to determine strategic and business needs and assist in financial modeling or reporting and explain the budget process as needed
- Develop and maintain monthly financial reports to clearly communicate actual results and variances to budget and forecast to department and business owners
- Produce clear and well-formatted analysis and the ability to present results to senior management
- Assists in consolidating and formulating departmental budget templates
- Support monthly close process which includes review monthly expenditures to ensure proper GL coding
- Work with Accounting team and business owners when coding reclass is necessary
- Approve requisitions and offer letters for new hires and replacement hires
- Must demonstrate attendance sufficient to complete the duties of the position as required
- Performs related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required
- Minimum Experience:
- At least 5 - 8 years of finance, budget and accounting experience
- At least 3 – 5 years of performance management software experience for budgeting, forecasting, planning, and reporting tool, preferably Prophix
- Advance proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor of Science in Business or Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of principles and practices of finance administration in accounting, budgeting, and auditing.
- Knowledge of healthcare operations and services.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Translate financial goals into an appropriate budgeting system.
- Analyze financial information and project income and expenditures.
- Project the fiscal impact of impending legislation on the Department of Education or its programs.
- Devise and adapt procedures and systems to meet changing fiscal needs.
- Interpret and explain budget policies and procedures.
- Prepare clear and concise reports.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for making observations; communicating with others; reading and writing; and operating assigned equipment.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of making sound decisions and demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Planning Analyst
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.