RN Health Specialist
Location: San Jose, California US
Job Number: 1774
Position Title: RN Health Specialist
Our innovative clinical model values clinician time and judgment over more traditional measures of productivity. A typical day will consist of 5-6 home visits (We focus on quality, not quantity!) in San Clara County. Home based care hours are M-F 8:00-5:00pm.
No weekends! No On-Call!
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include medical, dental, 401K retirement plan, mileage reimbursement, short-term and long-term disability. PTO and CME stipend are also included.
Provides primary care services to patients in both a clinic and home care setting. Responsible for managing patient care and treatment in collaboration with the Physician and Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant.
Primary Responsibilities:(May include but not limited to)
- Conduct in home assessments on health plan member.
- Collaborates with primary care physician, Extensivist, and Nurse Practitioner/PA, and Case Manager to develop care plan for members.
- Perform diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures within his/her level of training and expertise, and as outlined on the practice agreement and written protocol with the supervising physician.
- Interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Educates members on topics such as disease process, end of life, medication, and compliance.
- Discusses case with physician/Nurse Practitioner/PA when appropriate.
- Use of Electronic Medical Records required.
- Requires successful completion of an accredited Registered Nursing Program; BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state for which you are applying
- Must have CPR certification
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Experience in gerontology, adult care
- Experience in palliative/hospice and complex care management
- Experience in Home Health including wound care
- Knowledge of Medicare Managed Care Plans
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills with seniors
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- EMR experience is strongly preferred
- Bilingual skills valued (Spanish preferred)
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
City: San Jose
Location City: San Jose
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: RN Health Specialist
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.