Senior Data Engineer
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1517
Position Title: Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer:
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms), our Data team is looking for the best and brightest data engineers. Data drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be part of a team building the next generation data platform and drive the adoption of new technologies and new practices in existing implementations. You will be responsible for design and implementation of complex data extraction, ingestion, and processing pipelines to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data. You will also be working closely with our Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to deploy machine learning and analytics solutions.
Problems you will work on every day will include:
• Collaborate with key business leaders to understand their business problems and come up with analytical solutions.
• Design and develop data solutions leveraging engineering best practices.
• Build scalable cloud based data pipelines for both batch and real-time data ingestion/processing.
• Migrate existing ETL processes to a Hadoop/Spark based data pipeline
• Proactively identify and remediate data quality issues
• Modernize our Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) platform
• Providing technical leadership and mentor junior engineers
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years relevant experience in cloud based big data engineering.
• Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic startup environment
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
• Solid data structures & algorithms background.
• Strong programming skills in one of the following: Java, Scala, Python or C++
• Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and relational databases.
• Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
• Data Warehousing Experience with SQL Server, Snowflake, Oracle, Redshift, etc.
• Knowledge and experience of SSIS.
• Proficiency in using Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Spark
• Experience in Azure, AWS, GCP or other cloud ecosystems.
• Experience in NoSQL databases.
• Experience in Information Retrieval technologies: Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene.
• Masters in Computer Science or related field
• Healthcare data experience
• Experience in healthcare interoperability standards i.e. HL7, FHIR, IHE, CCDA etc.
• Experience working with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) X12 file structures and processes (278, 837, 834, 835, 270/271, 276/277)
• Experience in Azure Platform & Services: Azure Data Factory, Event Hubs, Logic Apps, Cosmos DB, DataBricks, etc.
• Orange, California
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Engineer
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.