Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1516
Position Title: Director, Engineering
Director, Engineering – Data & AI Products:
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms), our Data team is looking for the best and brightest leaders. Data drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering who is passionate about building Data and AI powered products and services that will enable next generation care delivery models for seniors. This is a hands-on leadership role requiring strong technical background, solid coding skills and good team management skills.
• Lead, build, and grow a team of engineers to help us deliver products & services to significantly improve healthcare experience and clinical outcomes for seniors.
• Provide thoughtful and impactful leadership at the managerial as well as technical level.
• Define technical roadmap and direction of the team.
• Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirement into simple stories for planning and execution.
• Be the technical leader for product features, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
• Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
• Actively participate in software development activities: coding, code reviews, testing and production support.
• Drive engineering excellence leveraging software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
• Work closely with business partners to ensure that the right capabilities are delivered.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years of Software Development experience building high quality software
• 5+ years of experience leading an engineering team through multiple product/platform releases.
• Solid data structures & algorithms background.
• Strong programming skills in one of the following: Java, Scala, Python or C++
• Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and relational databases.
• Experience with containers: Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience in Azure, AWS, GCP or other cloud ecosystems.
• Experience in NoSQL databases.
• Experience in building responsive web UIs, using a modern framework like React or Angular and end to end testing tools
• Experience in design and implementation of large-scale web applications, APIs, frameworks, and databases.
• Demonstrated experience designing, creating, testing, and consuming REST APIs with a focus on security, high availability and scalability.
• Demonstrated experience with recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
• Track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic startup environment
• Demonstrated success in hiring great engineers and growing junior engineers through mentoring, collaboration and coaching
• Passionate about building and fostering good engineering practices and processes. Experience in following software development best practices through architectural reviews, CI/CD build automation & deployment, code reviews, automated test frameworks and continuous performance monitoring
• Excellent leadership; oral and written communication skills.
• Hunger to learn and an intense technical curiosity.
• Critical thinker and solutions-oriented.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Hands on experience developing, delivering, and supporting publicly facing web applications.
• Experience developing with .NET Core.
• Hands-on experience in Azure
• Mobile development experience
• Experience developing with .NET Core.
• Familiarity with GraphQL.
• Orange, California
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Engineering
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.