Director of Advanced Practice Clinicians
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Number: 1457
Position Title: Director, Advanced Practice Clinicians (APC)
The Alignment Care Anywhere program is a physician-led and advanced practice clinician-driven program that is intended to care for and support Alignment Healthcare patients by proactively providing an additional level of medical and social support in the comfort of their home or in one of our Alignment Clinics. This program provides patients with medical and social support when and where they need it, with the goal of preventing unnecessary hospitalizations, health complications, and unmanaged disease progression that can occur when timely clinical interventions are not provided or are not accessible. Our clinic and home-based programs are offered to eligible patients at no cost to them.
In collaboration with the Care Anywhere (CAW) Clinical Leadership Team, provides clinical and operational oversight for all Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants and is responsible for superior clinical outcomes for the Care Anywhere Program. Trains Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in the state of NC. Provides clinical care services to high-risk patients in a clinic or home-based setting.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Primary responsibility is retention of existing Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants; maintain and support team culture and ensure that Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistant team feels well supported from a clinical, training, and administrative perspective.
- Provides clinical leadership and direction to Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in the state of North Carolina.
- With direction from CAW Clinical Leadership Team, manages staff based on policies and procedures that conform to current standards of practice, company philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Works closely with AHC clinical leaders, regularly discussing any concerns regarding utilization of services or complicated cases.
- Acts as a resource and provides expert clinical opinions to all areas within the local market.
- In collaboration with Clinical Training Manager, responsible for new hire onboarding and training of new Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- Works closely with Vivify Program Manager/Leadership to appropriately identify patients that meet eligibility for Vivify, AHC’s remote wireless monitoring program. Oversees and ensures that CAW providers are actively working on identifying patients for program participation.
- Reviews and audits charts on a weekly basis and identifies opportunities to improve clinical documentation quality, HCC accurate code capture, and closing HEDIS open gap measures.
- Works closely with NPs and PAs to ensure that they know how to appropriately use the Patient 360 form to help guide clinical focus and improve clinical documentation.
- Administrative and training time commitment for completing chart reviews and shadowing/ride along activities with NP/PAs will be approximately 2 days per week or 40%; 3 days per week or 60% will be dedicated to directly managing a patient panel.
- Provide oversight and support during weekly Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) Meeting and ensure that case reviews are efficient as well as impactful, resulting in appropriate plans of care that will reduce risk of ER visits and/or unnecessary hospitalizations/readmissions to SNF and inpatient setting.
- Collaborates with PCPs, IPAs, and external and AHC Case Managers to develop care plan for members.
- Performs diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures within his/her level of training and expertise, and as outlined on the practice agreement and written protocol with the supervising Physician.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Discusses case with CAW Physician leaders when appropriate.
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment as indicated.
- Use of Electronic Medical Records required.
- Local travel is required; travel to AHC’s corporate office in Orange, CA is required for perioding management/program training.
Oversees assigned staff in collaboration with CAW Clinical Leadership Team. Primary responsibilities include: Assists with recruiting, selecting, orientation process, and training employees; assigning workload; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching employees. Responsible for retention of current clinical team and working proactively with CAW leadership to help support and mentor NPs and PAs. Will report all findings to the CAW Clinical Leadership Team or appropriate company executive for final decision.
- 2+ years related experience with clinical emphasis for Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Minimum of 1-year experience leading clinical staff, preferably within a high-risk clinic and/or home-based care delivery environment.
- Current unrestricted state license and current state driver’s license
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPC codes
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- fAwareness of UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems, is helpful
- Passion for geriatric patient care
- Comfortable with providing home-based care/home visits
- Master’s Degree or higher in Nursing OR Graduate of an accredited Physician's Assistant program required.
- Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in applicable state OR PA license in applicable state and current NCCPA certification required.
- Prescribing authority/DEA licensure in good standing as required in the state in which you are applying preferred.
- EMR experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and travel as needed.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in gerontology, adult care
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills with seniors
- Ability to work independently
- Dependable and reliable
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
State: North Carolina
Location City: Raleigh
Location State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Advanced Practice Clinicians
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.