Community Health Coordinator
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Number: 1440
Position Title: Community Health Coordinator
As a leader in the care of older adults, we are seeking a highly motivated Community Health Worker who enjoys managing patients in a collaborative, highly coordinated team based setting. The provider will work closely with our licensed clinical social workers, case managers, physicians, APPs, and other members of our health care team, as well as participate in multidisciplinary conferences that focus on the frailest members.
Through an integrated approach, the Community Health Worker will be responsible for conducting home visits, and helping members and their families navigate and access community-based services and resources. The CHW services will include outreach, social support, care transition and community service linkages.
Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include medical, dental, and a 401K retirement plan. PTO is also included.
1. Assist members with enrollment in Medicaid, community and other social services.
2. Provide liaison services between members and social agencies providing services.
3. Assist members in completing forms and applications to receive services
4. Assist in scheduling appointments (including transportation) for members to meet with program professionals
5. Establishes and maintains contact with families of program participants where applicable;
6. Participates in gathering community data to assess program effectiveness, increased or additional service needs, community resources, etc.
7. Participates in arranging meetings, community information sessions and recruiting speakers to inform the community of AHC services
1. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Uses computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, E-mail and database software in performing work assignments; ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential functions of the position; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to establish and follow oral and written instructions.
2. Good knowledge of the community resources within Wake County; good knowledge of the local community and population; familiarity with interview techniques; familiarity with local social agencies available to deal with problems in the area; familiarity with health and social problems and attitudes in the community; ability to speak before groups effectively; emotional maturity; good judgment; tact; integrity; tolerance of differing points of view and beliefs; physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.
Page 2 of 2
Minimal Qualifications: Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and five (5) years of work experience in health service, social service, community service, or in an educational (teaching, teaching assistant) capacity. MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER' S LICENSE WITH ACCEPTABLE DRIVING HISTORY AND INSURED AUTO.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Working Conditions: Hours average at least 40 hours per week, typically between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Specific work sites and work schedule are subject to change.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
State: North Carolina
Location City: Raleigh
Location State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Community Health Coordinator
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.