Senior Software Engineer
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1437
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer – Full-stack
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare product company focused partnering with health systems, health plans, and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms) and our engineering team is looking for the best and brightest leaders. Data and technology drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
We are seeking to add full-stack software developers with a high level of experience, and who have shown an extreme ability to learn advanced technologies. The products and services that we develop will enable next generation care delivery models for seniors. We are looking for talented engineers to execute amazing web & mobile app experiences for our users. The ideal candidate will enjoy working alongside other engineers, data scientists, designers, users, and clinicians, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our Pathfinder platform.
- Provide expertise on system architecture, design, implementation, testing, delivery, and operation of enterprise level software applications.
- Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirement into simple stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories can be accomplished in an iteration.
- Be the technical leader for product features, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years professional experience in software development experience, including object-oriented design or object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and analysis.
- Experience in design and implementation of large-scale web applications, APIs, frameworks, and databases.
- Experience in following software development best practices through architectural reviews, CI/CD build automation & deployment, automated test frameworks and continuous performance monitoring
- using Java, C#, ASP.NET, MVC and ASP.NET Web API
- 3+ years of experience with Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy), API versioning and design approaches, tools, inter-operability, and SOA concepts.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated experience designing, creating, testing, and consuming REST APIs with a focus on security, high availability and scalability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Hunger to learn and an intense technical curiosity.
- Critical thinker and solutions-oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Hands on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Hands on experience with Design and Development of Microservices.
- Experience building large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed systems
- Familiarity with React
- A proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development
- Healthcare domain software development experience.
- Hands on experience developing, delivering, and supporting publicly facing web applications.
- Experience developing with .NET Core.
- Mobile experience
- Experience with scrum methodology.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.