Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Location: San Diego, California US
Job Number: 1419
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
As a leader in the care of older adults, we are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) who enjoys managing complex patients in a collaborative, highly coordinated home-based setting. The provider will work closely with physicians, social workers, case managers, nutritionists, and other members of our health care team, as well as participate in multidisciplinary conferences that focus on the frailest members. He/she will have access to advanced technology, including a robust home monitoring system, Allscripts EMR, and a proprietary decision support tool that synthesizes data from a variety of sources into actionable alerts that drive care.
Our innovative clinical model values clinician time and judgment over more traditional measures of productivity. A typical day will consist of 4-5 home visits, new appointment times are one hour, with 30-45 minute follow-up visits. Home based care hours are M-F 8:00-5:00pm with a half day of admin time per week.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include medical, dental, 401K retirement plan, malpractice, short-term and long-term disability. PTO and CME stipend are also included.
1) Conduct in-home assessments (with some outpatient clinical work) on health plan members.
The In-Home Assessment includes:
- Past medical history
- Review of symptoms
- Physical examination
- Medication review
- Cognitive/Depression screenings
2) Provide patient education, emphasizing importance of consistent monitoring of health needs, and recommending community resources
3) Facilitate patient empowerment and quality of life by promoting educated, independent patient choice on all aspects of care
4) Responsible for checking vitals, BMI, conducting a physical exam that includes urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate)
5) Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment.
6) Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment in addition to the findings of your assessment.
7) Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
8) Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
9) Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Must have active California Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant state license
- Must have active Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Board Certification
- Must have current BLS Certification
- Must have valid California driver license and automobile insurance
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- Experience in geriatrics, adult care
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills with older adults
- Computer literate and able navigate the internet
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
City: San Diego
Location City: San Diego
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.