Internal Medicine Physician Opportunity - Los Angeles!
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1397
Position Title: Extensivist
The Extensivist (Hospitalist) is a licensed Physician who provides services to the senior patient population across multiple settings. S/he will see, treat and manage patients (high risk, frail) primarily in the hospitals and in their homes.
(May include but are not limited to)
- See, treat and co-manage patients (high risk, frail population) in the hospitals and home visits.
- Perform daily rounds (M-F) on all Alignment patients in hospital.
- Communicate daily with covering hospitalist and specialty teams.
- Coordinate care with hospital and Alignment care managers to ensure smooth transitions from the hospital to post-acute care settings.
- Work with other clinicians and Case Managers to ensure all patients are seen daily.
- Conference call with Alignment Case Managers to review patients, and discuss the discharge needs and plans.
- See, treat and manage ‘skilled’ patients in the SNFs according to established protocols. These patients are seen at least twice a week until they remain skilled, which is normally from 1 to 2 weeks.
- Supervise, mentor and assist Nurse Practitioners as needed.
- Across all settings of care, create a comprehensive and coordinated plan of care which takes into account information from medical records, the patient and their families, primary care physicians, and specialists as necessary:
- Medical records to be completed in a timely fashion. (Clinic visit notes on the day of the visit.)
- Complete outpatient visit documentation within 24 hours of care.
- Complete History & Physicals within 24 hours of inpatient admissions.
- Coordinate discharge plans with the Care Management Team on the day of discharge.
- Communicate with patients or their families/care givers and the Primary Care Physician during the admission about the plan of care and any changes in the patient’s health condition.
- Work with the Case Management Team to ensure the member is supported when care is transitioned from one setting to the next.
- Participate in weekly complex case management multidisciplinary meeting.
- Participate in on-call schedule as needed. (May vary by location.)
- Develop and communicate recommendations to AHC leadership in an effort to continuously enhance care delivery system
- Travel locally between care centers and travel to AHC corporate office on a quarterly basis
- Perform other administrative duties as deemed necessary
- Has advisory, supervisory and mentoring responsibilities for Nurse Practitioners.
- Minimum Experience: 2-3 years of Hospitalist, Family Practice, or Internist experience preferred but will also consider graduating residents and fellows.
- Education: Medical Doctorate (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.); Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Residency.
- Licensure: Medical License in the state in which you are applying; DEA license; must be board certified or board eligible in specialty.
- Other: Career interest in management preferred.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Internal Medicine Physician Opportunity - Los Angeles!
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.