Primary Care Physician
Location: Whittier, California US
Job Number: 1380
Position Title: Physician
As a leader in the care of seniors, we are seeking a BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Practice physician who enjoys managing complex patients in a collaborative, highly coordinated setting. The physician will work closely with advance practice providers, social workers, case managers, nutritionists, and other members of our health care team. They will also participate in multidisciplinary conferences that focus on the frailest members. He/she will have access to advanced technology, including a robust home monitoring system, Epic EMR, and a proprietary decision support tool that synthesizes data from a variety of sources into actionable alerts that drive care.
Our innovative clinical model values clinician time and judgment over more traditional measures of productivity. Target patient panel will be less than 500. New appointment times are one hour, with 20-40 minute follow-up visits. Our average daily census is less than 18 patients per day. Clinic hours are M-F 8:00-5:00pm. Phone call rotates between providers, and after hours work is rare.
(Practice is clinical; additional duties may include but are not limited to)
Provide strategic and operational direction for the delivery of performance based medical management.
- Analyze and report business performance data to customers and senior management
- Participate in the management of all the clinical divisions within the region.
- Engage in the analysis of local profit and loss performance.
- Work seamlessly and effectively with the non-clinical departments within the organization.
- Maintain a customer-driven passion for excellence and commitment to innovation and implementation of ideas that improve the healthcare of the patient population.
- Execute and implement timely and high-quality decisions.
Not at this time, but can grown into a leadership role in the future
- 2 years of experience as an Internist or Family Practice clinician preferred
- 1-3 Years of managed care experience preferred
- Basic understanding of the UM/QM process preferred
- D./ D.O.
- Completion of residency program in the United States
- Board Certification or ability to become board certified within 6 months of hire date
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine trained
- Medical license in the state which you will be practicing
- Substantial knowledge across medical subspecialties
- Clinical confidence and friendly “bedside manner”
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new systems and processes
- Strong communication skills
- Proven background in financial and clinical data analysis
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Whittier
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Primary Care Physician
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.