Health Coach and Educator
Location: San Diego, California US
Job Number: 1284
Position Title: Health Coach and Educator
Health Coach & Patient Educator wanted to assist our clients in finding new ways to inspire healthier habits. The position will conduct home visits and work closely with our patients, caregivers, and families to promote wellness and helping individuals realize their personal best.
Our Health Coach & Educator will be responsible for developing a wellness coaching relationship with patients, caregivers, and families through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and education.
- The Health Coach will be responsible for contacting patients that are eligible for Alignment’s Care at Home program and provides necessary wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors.
- Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life.
- Responsible for delivering a high level of patient service and increasing member retention and satisfaction.
- Develop and distribute health education materials to identified patients, caregivers, and/or families
- Develop customized care plan for program participants including goals and plan of action
- Coordinate Care with other Alignment team members, including health-related vendors for optimal patient care
Skills and Qualifications
A Health Coach must have a minimum of an associate’s degree in a health-related field (or equivalent experience/certifications) such as health promotion, health education, gerontology, social work, nutrition, and other health-related field or counseling and one-year experience as a wellness/health coach or educator; bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction and chronic conditions and certification from an accredited professional wellness coach training program preferred.
- Experience in health behavior change/health coaching/health education
- Strong knowledge of specific diseases, lifestyle-related topics, nutrition, and exercise
- Knowledge of and experience with applying the stages of change or a similar behavior change model
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster trust and respect among customers and coworkers
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to adapt communication style to audience
- Adaptability – able to change tasks quickly as business needs dictate
- Able to work with protected health information and maintain absolute confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations and AHP policies
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint Ability to work a flexible schedule
- To be successful a Health Coach must have well-developed emotional and social competencies in these areas:
- Self-Confidence – A Health Coach can effectively communicate and educate patients, caregivers, and families on various subject matters, including diet, fall-risk reduction, home safety, and various chronic diseases to support pre-established care plans by the patient’s PCP, specialists, and AHC clinicians.
- Conscientiousness– A Health Coach is organized and always meets deadlines / commitments.
- Achievement Drive – A Health Coach constantly strives to improve standards of excellence Initiative – A Health Coach pursues goals beyond what’s required or expected of them Service Orientation – A Health Coach anticipates, recognizes and meets customer needs. Influence – A Health Coach can effectively persuade others.
- Communication – A Health Coach deals with issues, listens and seeks mutual understanding.
- Collaboration and Cooperation – A Health Coach is shares plans, information and resources.
City: San Diego
Location City: San Diego
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Health Coach and Educator
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.