Community Outreach Representative
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Number: 2161
Position Title: Community Outreach Representative
Community Outreach Manager
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
The Community Outreach Representative promotes Alignment Healthcare within the communities that are within the service area. This position is responsible for educating individuals and providers regarding the benefits and health education that is offered by AHC. They shall provide updates to members by attending community events, New Member Orientations, and bi-annual Member Participation Committees. Other responsibilities include serving as a liaison between AHC and its community pharmacies, Chambers of Commerce events and contracted providers.
(May include but are not limited to)
• Educates the community on AHC its benefits and services available to its members and contracted provider/medical groups.
• Distributes educational and marketing materials throughout the community, including but not limited to, Community Senior Centers, participating pharmacies, provider offices, adult day care centers, Chambers of Commerce etc.
• Promotes AHC, its benefits and services to various agencies within the networks contracted medical groups, direct providers or specialty providers.
• Participates in community activities, which heighten the awareness of AHC’s marketing, benefits and services.
• Responsible to help drive and track leads generated through provider engagement while supporting assigned field agent to convert leads into sales.
• Secret shop provider offices and community affiliates to ensure CMS approved marketing materials and quality service is being provided.
• Help identify opportunities with providers and community affiliates to increase growth and retention efforts.
• Facilitates assistance for potential members, existing members and providers obtain necessary resources.
• Meets with potential new providers, specialists and pharmacies and then refers potential new providers or pharmacies to AHC’s Network Development Department for Contracting.
• Works with assigned Direct Providers to increase enrollment to meet strategic goals.
• Maintains coordination, tracking and oversight of the top 25 most utilized Pharmacies.
• Maintains weekly summary of activity and submits report on a weekly basis to AHC’s Director of Sales and Marketing.
• Is responsible for all media appearances and radio related interviews involving AHC.
• Assists Sales Representatives with initiating contact to conduct restaurant seminars events, and health fairs.
• Assists Director of Sales and Marketing as necessary with special projects and/or miscellaneous assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Minimum Experience:
a. two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
a. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Strong knowledge and understanding of the CMS Marketing Guidelines.
b. Medicare knowledge and/or health insurance background preferred.
c. Obtain life insurance license within respective selling state is preferred and will be required within 1 year of hire date.
a. Must have reliable means of transportation to get to all provider offices and community affiliates.
b. A self-starter who is a team player and extremely organized.
c. Ability to motivate and educate providers, community affiliates, members and prospective members about company and health plan.
d. Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
a. Knowledge of Medi-Cal and Medicare Managed Care Plans.
b. Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
c. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
d. Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
e. Computer Skills: Basic skills required.
f. Other Skills and Abilities:
i. Knowledge of medical terminology
ii. Detail oriented.
iii. Excellent communication skills.
iv. Follow instructions accurately.
v. Spanish Bilingual preferred.
5. Work Environment:
a. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
2. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
3. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
4. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.
State: North Carolina
Location City: Raleigh
Location State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Community Outreach Representative
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.