Concierge Representative (Temporary)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2139
Position Title: Concierge Representative
The ACCESS On-Demand Concierge is Alignment Healthcare's model to ensure best-in-class service and care coordination 24/7. As a member of this team, you will be at the center of our member experience and the face of Alignment Healthcare.
The Concierge Representative serves as the liaison between members, providers, and internal departments to ensure that every member is receiving the customer service experience that they deserve. You will navigate our members through our health plan and supplemental benefits, care delivery model, and provider network. You will follow members throughout their journey ensuring member satisfaction and customer service are provided at a level of excellence. By ensuring an “aligned” experience is available to our members at any time of day or night, we will transform health care for seniors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities of the Concierge Representative include, but are not limited to:
- Be knowledgeable in procedures, protocols, benefits, services, and any other necessary information to resolve member issues and inquiries; serve as a “subject matter expert” in the health care experience that our members navigate daily.
- Meet call metrics, ensure member satisfaction, verify the member is included in or targeted for any outreach or care gap programs and connect members to programs or services when appropriate. Analyze available programs, determine program eligibility, and connect member to appropriate provider or vendor.
- Resolve incoming calls concerning members’ eligibility, benefits, provider information, clinical, and pharmacy needs; coordinate membership changes such as member’s primary care physician and proactively engage member with their wellness plan options.
- Collaborate with our partners – including but not limited to other departments, supplemental benefit vendors, and provider network – to facilitate the member experience.
- Responsible for receiving inbound phone calls within the department’s goal time frame, and for performing outbound courtesy calls as needed; may be required to communicate with members in other channels including e-mail, web chat, SMS/text, as required.
- Manage to the member’s communication preferences as possible, which may include time of day, channel, and language; utilize interpreter service as needed.
- Responsible for real-time documentation (i.e., caller name, contact info, call reason, action taken, resolution, etc.) and timely wrap-up to support outcomes reporting, in all systems/applications as required.
- Must enter member demographics and information with accuracy and attention to detail; feel responsible for the quality of our data.
- Excel in customer service and contribute to a culture of going “above and beyond” to ensure the highest level of member satisfaction.
- Adhere to all applicable attendance policies to ensure consistent and reliable queue coverage, which is essential to the member experience.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- For Concierge Team launch, we will require Concierge Representatives to have bilingual abilities in either: Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), or Korean.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year minimum of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Qualifications – preferred, but not required:
- High-volume inbound customer service experience, particularly for health plan or Medicare “Member Services” roles in health plan and supplemental benefits
- Telemarketing and/or member outreach experience
- Specialized experience in escalation or resolution units
- Health care delivery experience including: appointment scheduling for preventive health, outpatient clinic setting, and/or home visit setting; or care coordination/case management telephonic roles
- Any specialization in Medicare Advantage, managed care, or HMO
Please note, no time off is granted:
- First 4-6 weeks of onboarding / training period
- Annually from January 1st - January 31st due to high call volume for calendar year enrollment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but un-involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate, typing 40+ words per minute.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, and written
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Concierge Representative (Temporary)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.