Medical Assistant (Part-Time, Temporary)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2106
Position Title: Medical Assistant
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
Alignment Healthcare (AHC) is seeking a medical assistant to work closely with the Human Capital (HC) team to administer daily body temperature checks and symptom screening for the AHC employees, at AHC facilities.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Provides daily body temperature checks and symptom screening services:
- Greets employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner in compliance with Alignment policies and workflows.
- Performs body temperature checks and symptom screening for the employees scheduled to work on the AHC facilities. Records any additional employee names in the relevant system.
- Oversees employees’ admission into the AHC facilities according to the AHC procedure.
- Collaborates with HC in improving the symptom screening workflow and procedure, when possible.
- Provides Back Office Support:
- Ensures the screening area is suitable for screening, according to the AHC specifications, at the beginning of each shift.
- Prepares the necessary screening materials at the beginning of the shift and safely stores them away at the end of each shift.
- Maintains inventory of PPE and other necessary screening materials.
- Records any deviance from the screening procedure and informs HC representative as soon as possible.
- Manages the screening room & flow by trying to minimize employees’ wait time and by reminding employees to maintain the social distance and to wear face coverings while in common areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- 2 years’ experience as a working medical assistant preferred.
- High school diploma, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background required.
- Medical Assistant certification from an accredited school of training required.
- Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant (Part-Time, Temporary)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.