Health Coach Educator (Bilingual in Spanish)
Location: Remote -San Jose, California US
Job Number: 2053
Position Title: Health Coach Educator
Health Coach & Educator will be responsible for conducting home visits to develop a wellness coaching relationship with patients, caregivers, and families through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and education.
(May include but are not limited to)
• Contacts patients that are eligible for Alignment’s Care at Home program and provides necessary wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors
• Collaborates with advanced practice clinicians and/or social worker to implement an action plan
• Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life
• Responsible for delivering a high level of patient service and increasing member retention and satisfaction
• Assists patients with accessing community resources and social services to address social determinants impacting health and wellbeing
• Provides health education materials to identified patients, caregivers, and/or families
• Coordinates care with other Alignment team members, including health-related vendors for optimal patient care
1. Minimum Experience:
a. At least 1- year experience as a wellness/health coach or educator
a. Minimum Associate degree in a health-related field or equivalent experience/certifications; Bachelor’s degree preferred
a. Experience in health behavior change/health coaching/health education
b. Strong knowledge of specific diseases, lifestyle-related topics, nutrition, and exercise
c. Knowledge of and experience with applying the stages of change or a similar behavior change model
d. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster trust and respect among customers and coworkers
e. Able to work independently and remotely
f. Able to work with protected health information and maintain absolute confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations and AHP policies
g. Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
h. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
i. Ability to work a flexible schedule
j. Bilingual preferred
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
2. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City: Remote -San Jose
Location City: Remote -San Jose
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Health Coach Educator (Bilingual in Spanish)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.