Director, SOX Internal Controls and Financial Accounting Systems
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 2009
Position Title: Director, SOX & Financial Systems
The Director, SOX Internal Controls and Financial Accounting Systems, is responsible for internal controls, Accounting Department systems administration (in conjunction with IT) and implementation, accounting research, external reporting and special projects for this healthcare services and technology organization. This position reports to the VP, Investor Reporting and Controls. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and an independent, detail-oriented team member. This team member will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the accounting systems on a daily basis, implement and maintain an internal control monitoring function (at a Sarbanes-Oxley 404 level), oversee and update Accounting department policies, perform accounting research and prepare accounting research memorandums on new accounting pronouncements and ensure appropriate implementation (including education of the Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Financial Officer), assist with the preparation of financial statements, and perform special projects as assigned, including accounting due diligence for acquisitions, and general ledger structural changes. This is a newly created position which requires a high degree of professionalism, technical ability and confidentiality.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Work with the outsourced Big 4 accounting firm on creating a Sarbanes Oxley 404 framework and implement/coordinate a formal review and monitoring process company wide.
- Control and assign access to the Company’s accounting systems.
- Lead the Company’s Blackline implementation in conjunction with the outsourced implementation firm.
- Oversee and update approval hierarchy access within the Company’s accounting systems.
- Liaison with IT on new general ledger account setup and mapping.
- Maintain and update the Company’s library of standard reports.
- Liaison with IT on creation of new reports and automation.
- In conjunction with the VP, Investor Reporting and Controls, keep current on new accounting pronouncements and prepare accounting research memorandums documenting the new requirements and how the Company will record related transactions (with details). Additionally, provide high level education on the requirements to the Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist in the preparation of external reporting.
- Perform accounting due diligence on acquisitions as they arise.
- Assist the monthly close accounting team as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Accounting Leadership.
None at this time.
- Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 6-12 years accounting/auditing experience preferred.
- Big 4 accounting firm background (minimum of senior level if straight hire from public accounting or if candidate has a combination of public accounting and company accounting experience).
- SEC reporting experience highly desired.
- Previous experience in internal controls documentation, Sarbanes-Oxley 404, and technical accounting research.
- Strong excel skills
- Strong logic and controls skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- CPA license (active or inactive)
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Experience with general ledger accounting systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, Lawson Infor, Peoplesoft, Oracle, or SAP, highly preferred but not required.
- Experience with Blackline and Coupa are a plus but not required.
- Willingness and capability to learn new things quickly.
- Technology and automated solutions oriented.
- Excellent cross functional team skills.
- Detail oriented with strong coordination and communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Executive presence and diplomacy. Note that this position will interact with all levels throughout the company and will need to coordinate and manage projects with other departments outside of Accounting.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Director, SOX Internal Controls and Financial Accounting Systems
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.