Advance Practice Clinician, CAW
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Job Number: 1941
Position Title: Advanced Practice Clinician, CAW
The Alignment Care Anywhere program is a physician-led and advanced practice clinician-driven program that is intended to care for and support Alignment Healthcare patients by proactively providing an additional level of medical and social support in the comfort of their home. This program provides patients with medical and social support when and where they need it, with the goal of preventing unnecessary hospitalizations, health complications, and unmanaged disease progression that can occur when timely clinical interventions are not provided or are not accessible. Our home-based program is offered to eligible patients at no cost to them.
In this role, you will conduct in-home health assessments on a panel of enrolled Medicare Advantage members within a geographic area of responsibility. Our members are typically aged 65 and over and home visits will range from 30 minutes to 60 minutes depending on whether it is a follow-up or a comprehensive initial visit. The nature of the home visit will vary and visit frequency will be based on the member’s acuity level (i.e., weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.). You will work within an interdisciplinary team environment that includes physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, social workers and community health specialists to provide and support both the clinical and social aspects of care for your assigned member/patient panels.
- Conduct in-home assessments on Alignment members. The in-home assessment includes:
- Past medical history
- Review of symptoms
- Physical examination
- Medication review
- Cognitive/depression screenings
- Provide patient education, emphasizing importance of consistent monitoring of health needs, and recommending community resources
- Facilitate patient empowerment and quality of life by promoting educated, independent patient choice on all aspects of care
- Matching care desired with care given while providing true, informed consent
- Responsible for checking vitals, BMI, conducting a physical exam
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to generate a post-visit summary note to the PCP updating him/her and as well as identifying potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as chronic conditions, self-care, sick-day plans, and medication and compliance
- Participate in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings to discuss and develop the most appropriate care plans possible based on the needs of our members/patients.
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant accredited program
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, desired
- Current unrestricted state license and current state driver’s license
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPC codes
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Awareness of UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems, is helpful
- Passion for geriatric patient care
- Comfortable with providing home-based care/home visits
- Experience in gerontology, adult care
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills with seniors
- Computer literate and able navigate the internet
- Ability to work independently
- Dependable and reliable
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
City: Los Angeles
Location City: Los Angeles
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Advance Practice Clinician, CAW
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.