Quality Management Coordinator
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1899
Position Title: Quality Management Coordinator
The Quality Management Coordinator provides support and project coordination for the quality management program and initiatives. The QM Coordinator supports the QM team and reports directly to the Director of Quality.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Provide administrative support for the quality management department
- Maintains all department files in an organized, accurate, secure manner
- Assists with preparation for meetings by typing agenda, preparing slides, attachments and minutes
- Mailing, collection and aggregating survey data
- Maintain up-to-date databases and tracking logs; assist with data collection to support QI projects and initiatives
- Support Member or provider outreach initiatives
- Obtains medical records from medical groups, physicians or facilities in support of quality review activities and conduct phone and fax follow-up, to troubleshoot, investigate, and follow up on retrieval of missing medical record information.
- Completes special projects or assignments as needed to meet initiatives and/or objectives of department
- Other duties as assigned to ensure compliance of projects and meeting target dates
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Minimum Experience:
a. Minimum of two years of experience in a medical office, Health Plan or hospital environment performing administrative duties with a clinical focus
b. Managed Care Experience
c. Minimum of two years profession experience with MS Office Suite- Word, Outlook, Excel, Access
d. Experience with medical terminology
a. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
b. Associates Degree preferred
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
c. Work independently and as a part of an integrated team.
d. Ability to take initiative and see tasks to completion.
e. Advanced Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Products.
f. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
g. Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
h. Problem solving skill sets and analytical ability
i. Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
j. Knowledge of Medicare, Managed Care and HEDIS preferred
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
2. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
3. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Management Coordinator
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.