Accounting Clerk (Part-Time)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1838
Position Title: Accounting Clerk
The Accounting Clerk position is ideal for a college student who is in his/her junior year of college in either the accounting, business or other finance related field. The successful candidate is one seeking to expand his/her knowledge in the accounting profession and to gain overall general office administrative experience.
This position requires a person who is a self-starter, independent and quick minded. The Accounting Clerk should also have a strong willingness to learn and seek additional work as a valuable learning experience and to build one’s knowledge in the accounting profession.
This position is part-time, and the successful candidate must be able to work approximately 20 hours per week. This position reports directly to the VP, Accounting.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Review and approve Concur expense reports for proper general ledger coding and compliance with Company expense reimbursement policy. This will require the Accounting Clerk to interact with different personnel across the Company.
- Assist with scanning accounting documents for a paperless work environment
- Filing various paper and electronic documents
- Opening, sorting and routing mail that is addressed to the accounting department
- Assist with escheatment filing procedures
- Assist with account reconciliation procedures, as needed
- Accounts Payable vendor maintenance
- Assist in drafting and updating accounting policies and procedures
- Assisting accounting team members with various tasks and ad hoc projects/assignments on an as needed basis.
None at this time.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance related field must be in progress
1. Basic knowledge of accounting principles
2. Ability to learn and use office equipment (computer, printer, scanner, copier)
3. Basic Excel proficiency (more is a plus!)
4. Other Microsoft Office familiarity (Email, Word, etc.)
5. Strong organization skills for manual and electronic filing
6. Eagerness to learn and contribute to the department’s success.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Clerk (Part-Time)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.