Concierge Representative (Part-time Temporary)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1804
Position Title: Concierge Representative
Alignment Healthcare is seeking a passionate, highly-motivated, and detail-oriented concierge representative to join the concierge consumer experience team. The concierge representative is the heartbeat of the ACCESS On-Demand Concierge program model that ensures best-in-class service and care coordination 24/7. At Alignment, we are committed to transforming health care for seniors by ensuring our members receive an “aligned” experience, available at any time, day or night.
More information available about Access On-Demand Concierge program at: https://www.ahcusa.com/news/Alignment-Healthcare-Launches-Industry-First-Acces.aspx
This collaborative team of concierge representatives serves as the liaison between members, providers, and internal departments to ensure every member is receiving the best possible customer service experience. As a concierge representative, you will be at the center of our member experience and the face of Alignment Healthcare. You will navigate our members through our health plan and supplemental benefits, care delivery model, and provider network. If you’re passionate about providing excellent customer service, ensuring high levels of member satisfaction, and following members along their journey, we’re looking for you!
- We support our customers 24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year. This means available shifts include evenings/overnight, weekends, and holidays.
- This is a temp-to-hire opportunity based on performance.
(May include but not limited to)
- Knowledgeable in procedures, protocols, benefits, services, and any other necessary information to resolve member issues and inquiries; serve as a “subject matter expert” in the health care experience that our members navigate daily.
- Meet call metrics, ensure member satisfaction, verify the member is included in or targeted for any outreach or care gap programs and connect members to programs or services when appropriate. Analyze available programs, determine program eligibility, and connect member to appropriate provider or vendor.
- Resolve incoming calls concerning members’ eligibility, benefits, provider information, clinical, and pharmacy needs; coordinate membership changes such as member’s primary care physician and proactively engage member with their wellness plan options.
- Collaborate with our partners (including but not limited to) other departments, supplemental benefit vendors, and provider network to facilitate the member experience.
- Receive inbound phone calls within the department’s goal time-frame, and for performing outbound courtesy calls as needed; may be required to communicate with members in other channels including e-mail, web chat, SMS / text, as required.
- Manage to the member’s communication preferences as possible, which may include time of day, channel, and language; utilize interpreter service as needed.
- Handle real-time documentation (caller name, contact info, call reason, action taken, resolution, etc.) and timely wrap-up to support outcomes reporting, in all systems / applications as required.
- Must enter member demographics and information with accuracy and attention to detail; feel responsible for the quality of our data.
- Excel in customer service and contribute to a culture of going “above and beyond” to ensure the highest level of member satisfaction.
- Adhere to all applicable attendance policies to ensure consistent and reliable queue coverage, which is essential to the member experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or one year minimum of related experience, and / or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Perform mathematical calculations such as adding and subtracting two-digit numbers and multiplying and dividing 10’s and 100’s
- Perform mathematical operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but un-involved written or oral instructions
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Strong computer skills (Typing 40+ words per minute)
- Excellent communication skills, (both written and verbal)
- Strong level of customer service orientation
- High-volume inbound customer service experience, particularly for health plan or Medicare “Member Services” roles in health plan and supplemental benefits
- Telemarketing and / or member outreach experience
- Specialized experience in escalation or resolution units
- Health care delivery experience including: appointment scheduling for preventive health, outpatient clinic setting, and / or home visit setting; or care coordination / case management telephonic roles
- Any specialization in Medicare Advantage, managed care, or HMO
- Bilingual: Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Korean
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and / or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Concierge Representative (Part-time Temporary)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.