Care Anywhere Clinical Coordinator
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1794
Position Title: Care Coordinator
Alignment Healthcare is seeking a caring, organized, and detail-oriented care coordinator to provide utilization management (UM) and case management (CM) coordination support for the cohesive group of social workers, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, nurse practitioners, and physicians that make up the collaborative Care Anywhere team.
General Duties / Responsibilities
(May include but are not limited to)
- Review daily census for new admissions.
- Obtain medical records from provider offices, hospitals and SNF’s.
- Attach medical records to authorizations.
- Enter referral requests / authorizations in system.
- Monitor fax folders.
- Monitor task lists in EHR.
- Creates cases and tasks in case management module for hospital and SNF discharges.
- Post discharge scheduling of appointments.
- Follow up scheduling and re-scheduling of no-show appointments.
- Assist nurse practitioner (NP) team with visit preparation needs:
- Send appointment reminders to members.
- Assign members to NP in EHR.
- Enter all medications and allergies in EHR.
- Provide needed documentation to NP for visits each day.
- Direct inbound calls from members / family related to medication refills.
- Assist in hospice enrollments.
- Complies with tasks assigned by nurse and, as appropriate, documents accordingly.
- Maintains documentation on members contacted.
- Assists with COC’s.
- Notifies NP / nurse If member(s) appear to be non-compliant or there appears to be a change in condition.
- Assists with outreach activities to members in all levels of case management programs.
- Assists with maintaining and updating member’s records.
- Assists with mailing or faxing correspondence to PCP’s, specialists, related to, as needed.
- Assists with mailing correspondence to members, related to CCIP activities, as needed.
- Attends case management presentations and participates, as appropriate.
- Recognizes work-related problems and contributes to solutions.
- Meets specific deadlines (responds to various workloads by assigning task priorities according to department policies, standards and needs).
- Works with outside vendors to provide appropriate care needs for members
- Maintains confidentiality of information between and among health care professionals.
- Other duties as assigned by case management manager or director of case management.
- Communication with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Covering for other team members when needed, i.e. PTO, sick time.
Minimum Education and / or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with one year related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of ICD9 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of managed care plans
- Experience entering referrals and prior authorizations
- Basic computer skills, 25 WPM (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) required
- Medical terminology certificate preferred
- Knowledge working in Access Express/Portal, Epic, Essette preferred
- Good oral, written, and telephone skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Language skills: Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence. Communicates effectively using good customer relations skills.
- Mathematical skills: Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Able to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Skills: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to reason and carry out instructions
- Good interpersonal skills
- Read, write, and speak English and Spanish fluently
- File systematically
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Care Anywhere Clinical Coordinator
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.