Location: San Jose, California US
Job Number: 1792
Position Title: Medical Assistant
Alignment Healthcare is seeking a medical assistant to work closely with clinicians to administer medical services. As a medical assistant, you will support clinicians in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician.
General Duties / Responsibilities
(May include but are not limited to)
Front office support:
- Greet patients in a friendly, service-oriented manner in compliance with Alignment policies and workflows.
- Oversee patient check in by ensuring medical records / charts have been pulled, patient data is current, appropriate paperwork is in order, and charts are reviewed / prepared.
- Oversee patient check out by scheduling follow up appointments, collecting co-payment if applicable, ensuring paperwork is complete.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
- Reconcile co-payments at the end of each day.
Back office support:
- Room and interview patients, measure vital signs, and record reason for visit.
- Explain procedures, perform treatments, and administer prescribed medication.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a working medical assistant preferred.
- Experience working with Medicare population preferred.
Education / Licensure:
- High school diploma required; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Medical assistant certification from an accredited school of training required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
City: San Jose
Location City: San Jose
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.