Process Improvement Coordinator (Temporary)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1783
Position Title: Process Improvement Coord
Alignment Healthcare is seeking a process improvement coordinator (temporary) to support processes within the Medicare STAR program.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Participate in day-to-day quality improvement activity, including but not limited to collecting documentation, reviewing data, assisting with root-cause analysis, and reporting.
- Assist in the planning and execution of HEDIS campaigns for the Medicare STAR program. This may include material development, mailing campaigns, IVR calling campaigns, member outreach, and other cross-functional initiatives to improve member outcomes.
- Gather, enter, and / or update data to maintain departmental records, reports, and databases.
- Prepare meeting materials or training documentation as needed.
- Assist in medical record retrieval activity as needed, dependent on volume. This includes outbound calls to provider office, scanning, downloading from EMR systems, and maintaining files. Minimal travel may be required.
- Provide all clerical support for the department as needed.
- Ensure patient privacy is protected by adhering to HIPAA standards, company policies and procedures, and other federal, state, and local requirements.
- Respond to variations in daily workload by evaluating task priorities according to department policies and standards.
- Minimum 1-year experience in healthcare industry required (health plan, managed care, medical group/IPA, or provider office preferred)
- Experience in HEDIS / STAR, or other quality area preferred.
- Experience in member services (health plan, managed care, or medical group / IPA) preferred.
Education / Licensure:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university in a health-related field (Health Science, Health Administration, or related) preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Work, PowerPoint required. Visio and Access are preferred) and familiar working with large data sets.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA.
- Mathematical skills, attention to detail, problem solving, and analytical skills are essential.
- Self-starter; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong communications skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Valid driver’s license
Essential Physical Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and / or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Process Improvement Coordinator (Temporary)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.